attaching a photo

Closed Thread
Old 02-03-2012, 07:43 AM

thank you, jimmemac

a lot of people will be very pleased if your offer results in more photos being posted
Old 02-03-2012, 07:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermuda View Post
This cart is not for sale - I just want to let posters know how easy it is to attach a photo of the item you have for sale:

click on the paperclip symbol

locate the photo you want to attach (e.g. c:\myphotos\golfcart)

click on upload
That is one good looking cart
Old 02-03-2012, 10:37 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermuda View Post
it depends on what program you are using to edit your picture, but under "edit" you may find a "resize" option

you can either put in the actual size you want or, more easily, pick one of the pre-loaded options such as "small web page" or similar

an alternative, if the object of interest forms only a fraction of your photo, is to use the "crop" option and remove the bits round the object that are of no interest
Very good response. If anyone would like to dig in a little deeper on reducing photo sizes, check out this GOOGLE SEARCH where you can find numerous sites on the subject.

BTW, I like to refer to croping as "taking a byte or two out of your photo's edges!"
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 02-03-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish65 View Post
Sometimes when I try to post a picture, it says it too big, so how do I shrink it?
Modern incarnations of Microsoft "Paint", which comes preloaded on every PC is very easy to use to reduce the size of photos,...open the "Paint" program, then you open your jpg photo file, click the re-size option, select the pixels option and set it to whatever you want, ....I think TOTV likes 640 x 480 or smaller in pixels, so if your picture is wider than tall you just select the pixels option, set the horizontal pixels to 640 and then the vertical pixels are automatically adjusted in proportion to the rest of your photo. This is very ease to use, and is a free program already on every PC.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
It seems that the "paper clip" has disappeared in certain threads. I was trying to post a picture in political this morning and it wasn't there.

Mr. Admin....have you taken away picture posting priviliges (sp?) on some of the threads?
I have the same issue. No paper clip in Political. Why not?
Old 02-13-2012, 06:55 AM

Still trying to figure out how to do this from an iPad... Can't search computer for pic... Can't copy and paste ...??
Old 02-13-2012, 08:38 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
It seems that the "paper clip" has disappeared in certain threads. I was trying to post a picture in political this morning and it wasn't there.

Mr. Admin....have you taken away picture posting priviliges (sp?) on some of the threads?
No we have not taken away picture posting privileges on any of the threads. Feel free to email us or PM us your issues and we can research further.

Regards
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.