Posting in the classified on totv

Old 01-07-2024, 10:50 AM
Default Posting in the classified on totv

How long does it take for a new ad to show up on the classified page
Old 01-07-2024, 11:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts

Typically, a few minutes at least for the free ones, I have never used the paid option. If you do not see your ad or you did not get a confirming email, you may have missed a step, I had this happen a couple of times, as I recall this site does not give error messages, it just does not post the ad.
Old 01-07-2024, 12:36 PM

Let me tag onto this thread to mention a pet peeve (that I feel sure many others share) about the Classifieds on TOTV.

It's that people don't install the DATE of their posting. I emailed TOTV about this but, didn't pose a question so, I guess they didn't feel the need to reply.

Example: There are some homes listed For Sale that closed weeks or months ago (I could see that on Zillow). A potential buyer of anything on here has no idea WHEN the ad was posted. In my opinion, sellers should know to install a posting date (including the year!) but, truly, TOTV should require it.

I don't have a need to post a Classified so, haven't dug into the details. Does anyone know if the the free ads expire after a certain time period? If not, some might be years old.
Old 01-07-2024, 02:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts

Free ads expire in 90 days as I recall, then you have the option to relist, I do not know how long paid ads last for. Personally, I try to delete the ad as soon as the item sells.

Tags
classified, posting, show, long, totv

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.