it is really hard to post pictures

Closed Thread
Old 08-22-2011, 07:36 AM
Default it is really hard to post pictures

It is really hard to post a picture on this site. Call me if you want a picture of the perfect elasticized tablecloth you need to protect your table during games.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:57 AM
Sage

Here's one way to post a picture!!!

To attach a photo file that resides on your computer:

When you're doing a Reply to a thread, scroll down towards the bottom - beyond the Submit Reply and Preview Post buttons - to the Additional Options section and look for Attach files. Click on the Manage Attachments button - it'll let you browse the files on your computer to decide what you'd like to attach to your reply. After that, then do the Submit Reply as you would with any other reply.

If you're creating a new thread, the process is the same as above only instead of the Submit Reply, it's Submit New Thread.

There is a finite limit imposed by the TOTV software, it seems, for the space taken up by all of your attachments.

Hope all that helps!

Bill
Old 08-22-2011, 08:27 AM
Gold member
Default Great answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post

When you're doing a Reply to a thread, scroll down towards the bottom - beyond the Submit Reply and Preview Post buttons - to the Additional Options section and look for Attach files. Click on the Manage Attachments button - it'll let you browse the files on your computer to decide what you'd like to attach to your reply. After that, then do the Submit Reply as you would with any other reply.

If you're creating a new thread, the process is the same as above only instead of the Submit Reply, it's Submit New Thread.

There is a finite limit imposed by the TOTV software, it seems, for the space taken up by all of your attachments.

Hope all that helps!

Bill
I just wouold add that you may have to resize the pic as there are limits for posting
Old 08-22-2011, 08:29 AM

Quote:

Hope all that helps!

Bill
Just to help and clarify further this post. You have to hit the "Go Advanced" button first to get to the Manage attachments part.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI SNOWBIRD View Post
I just wouold add that you may have to resize the pic as there are limits for posting
Excellent point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Straz View Post
Just to help and clarify further this post. You have to hit the "Go Advanced" button first to get to the Manage attachments part.
Jim, I believe the "Go Advanced" applies only if you're doing a 'Quick Reply'. The route I described is if you click the regular ol' Reply button. Either method for replying to a thread will get the job done!

Bill
Old 08-22-2011, 03:52 PM
Default i think my pix is too large

thx...will call a gooroooooo marj
Old 08-22-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Excellent point!

Jim, I believe the "Go Advanced" applies only if you're doing a 'Quick Reply'. The route I described is if you click the regular ol' Reply button. Either method for replying to a thread will get the job done!

Bill
Thanks bill, but I think I see why. I would bet we're looking at two different pages. Maybe, because I'm just a "Member" and you're an Eagle I have to do it the way I described. We may have hit on something here because I don't have at the bottom what you do.

I have to hit the 'Go Advanced' key to get the menu. Maybe this helps all types.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:

Hope all that helps!

Bill
Thanks Bill, it worked.

Last edited by Bogie Shooter; 01-28-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:29 PM
Default testing the new photo attachment link

A beautiful Villages Sunset
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2873.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	636  
Old 08-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Straz View Post
Thanks bill, but I think I see why. I would bet we're looking at two different pages. Maybe, because I'm just a "Member" and you're an Eagle I have to do it the way I described. We may have hit on something here because I don't have at the bottom what you do.

I have to hit the 'Go Advanced' key to get the menu. Maybe this helps all types.
Doo-dee-doo-doo.......Rod Serling stuff for sure!!

I wouldn't think member status would come into play.....but who knows???!!

"Upon further review of the game films......" - Are you clicking the "Post Reply" button clear at the bottom (or top) of the entire thread or are you clicking the quill-and-paper button at the lower right of a particular post to do your reply? That might explain the difference.

Bill
Old 08-22-2011, 05:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Thanks Bill, it worked.
I laughed so hard my eyes watered!!!

You should post that photo in the smoking/non-smoking thread.............

Bill
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.