Spellchecker Impaired

Closed Thread
Old 11-12-2008, 07:52 AM
Send a message via AIM to smalldog
Default Spellchecker Impaired

Smalldog sez
I don't seem to have the whole idea on the spellchecker .......... I click on the symbol and iit says that it is the spellchecker for IE so I click on OK and it goes away ......... I go to the website and it wants money for the licence Something isn't right here ........ small dogs don't have much money, ya know
Old 11-12-2008, 08:58 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

I really cannot help you at all with anything to do with technology, but I thought I would let you know that back in the very beginning of the new software, I had problems with spellcheck, too. It did not try to shake me down for money; it just would not stay put. It would say it was there and then it would abandon me.

I thought maybe it had something to do with my own computer. Mr. Boomer has us all loaded up with security or firewalls or whatever, like we are the CIA or something, so I suspected that some quirk in our security was rejecting spellcheck.

But I really did not know what the problem could be.

And I did not want to ask Mr. Boomer because I never wanted to take the time and besides that, he would insist upon explaining to me, in great detail, why it was not working correctly. He would get one of those flip charts and put it on an easel. And it would involve markers and diagrams and all manner of hideous things that I would not be able -- or care -- to understand. And then there would be a quiz. Mr. Boomer likes technology.

So anyway, I did not ask.

It made me crazy for awhile, but I kept trying.

And then one day, when I had almost given up and was so tired of having to proofread so closely, spellcheck suddenly worked fine and has since.

I realize that this post is no help whatsoever. I have a lot of work to do today and I am stalling.

Anyway, smalldog, good luck.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 11-12-2008 at 09:29 AM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.