Filter out Political Talk

Closed Thread
Old 09-26-2011, 07:34 AM
Gold member
Default Filter out Political Talk

Is there a way to filter out threads with political talk label ??

Or is the best way is to just skip over the thread with political label
Seems to be more and more political talk lately - sometimes every other thread is political
Do people think they are going to change someones political beliefs with some post from some political web site or (IMO) -- Sorry Not Me --
Old 09-26-2011, 07:45 AM
Sage

Nitehawk...if you are seeing political discussion,then, you must have subscribed to the TOTV political forum...it was setup where you had to join or Opt in to see political threads. If you want to discontinue seeing political, go to the USER CP link and edit your profile to unsubscribe. You can always rejoin later if you wish.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:13 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
Nitehawk...if you are seeing political discussion,then, you must have subscribed to the TOTV political forum...it was setup where you had to join or Opt in to see political threads. If you want to discontinue seeing political, go to the USER CP link and edit your profile to unsubscribe. You can always rejoin later if you wish.
Thank You I will do that
Old 09-27-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
...if you are seeing political discussion,then, you must have subscribed to the TOTV political forum...it was setup where you had to join or Opt in to see political threads. If you want to discontinue seeing political, go to the USER CP link and edit your profile to unsubscribe. You can always rejoin later if you wish.
Will they still appear in "New Posts" ?
Old 09-27-2011, 09:08 AM
Sage

Once you unsubscribe, the political posts should not appear in "New Posts". They should truly become invisible to you.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Thanks, went and just make sure I was not sucscribed. I learn more how this works everyday.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Sage

Thanks, Villages 07!
Old 10-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Nobody should be having any problem with this, because it's an "opt in" and not an "opt out". You have to walk through the closed door with purpose.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Nobody should be having any problem with this, because it's an "opt in" and not an "opt out". You have to walk through the closed door with purpose.
I know. Seems fishy to me.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Send a message via AIM to HelenLCSW

Quote:
Where in MD DC suburbs -I lived in Bethesda/Potomac from 1962 until 1983. I just went to a wedding there and didn't recognize anything!
Old 10-03-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Is this a Harry Potter type thing? Where do you end up? Is there a train leaving for somewhere interesting?
Old 10-03-2011, 12:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raen Dear View Post
Is this a Harry Potter type thing? Where do you end up? Is there a train leaving for somewhere interesting?
His statement is an analogy. It makes perfect sense. You have to make an effort to get into political forum.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagegolfer View Post
His statement is an analogy. It makes perfect sense. You have to make an effort to get into political forum.
I was passing a lighthearted comment on "you have to walk through the closed door with purpose" because in the Harry Potter books/movies you walk through the stone wall with purpose and end up on the train to Hogwarts, which is very cool. Just making a joke.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
I was passing a lighthearted comment on "you have to walk through the closed door with purpose" because in the Harry Potter books/movies you walk through the stone wall with purpose and end up on the train to Hogwarts, which is very cool. Just making a joke.
No problem. I always misinterpret that rolling eyes icon. I have never seen one of those movies.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:56 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Just make sure you're on Platform 9¾ or trying is gonna hurt!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.