Alaska land tours

Closed Thread
Old 11-11-2022, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldseries27 View Post
I'm curious about ad placement after post #2. Is it a coincidence?
What if it is? Seems like a good way to inform people on a message board. People who actually have done it can tell you about it, not the people paid to do the advertising.
Old 11-11-2022, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cccravens View Post
We are thinking about visiting Alaska for a land tour this coming summer. Anyone have any suggestions of who to go with?
My general advice (based upon many similar trips) is to go with as small a group as you can find. Three to four people in a small Land Rover and small campsites provides a much, much more intimate nature experience. The last thing you want is a large group of people confined to big buses and crowded campsites.
Old 11-12-2022, 07:40 AM

Quote:
We are thinking about visiting Alaska for a land tour this coming summer. Anyone have any suggestions of who to go with?
I recently returned from a 10 day land tour in Alaska. I used Globus tours. First time I was ever on a tour… I had no complaints other than there was never enough time to go shopping!! Lots of activities, fine hotels and many extra excursions that were available.
Old 11-12-2022, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mundol View Post
Do you have a travel agent that you use for John hall? Thanks

Originally Posted by bruce64 View Post
John Hall's Alaska is the best for the money. All top notch

We went to one of the seminars and signed up directly after researching other Alaska tours..
Old 11-12-2022, 05:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Alaska is America's "last frontier". Therefore. if you are healthy enough and have enough time (3 to 4 weeks), then the best way to go is to "rough it" and go with a few of your family or friends and make your own schedule. Go in the summer. Fly into Anchorage and rent a car or camper. Take fishing equipment and get a license. Get an Alaskan Milepost Guide before you leave and plan a schedule. Denali is a "must-see". Get bear repellant and watch out for any mama moose with calves. Buy insect repellant and insect mesh head nets and gloves. If you are adventurous you can sleep in an SUV near the road or use a tent in a campground. If less adventurous stay in motels and day trip out from Anchorage and Fairbanks. Anchorage is the perfect city to rollerblade in. The whole city is crisscrossed with asphalt trails designed for bicycles and rollerblades (no cars). When I was there in 1988 there were a lot of Europeans in Anchorage. However you do it Alaska is a VERY exciting place!
Old 11-12-2022, 06:10 PM
Default Your own tour

Quote:
We have done three two week land tours in Alaska over the last ten years. My advice, flying into Anchorage, rent an suv and drive your own tour route. There are not that many roads. Drive up to Fairbanks, down on around to Valdez, over to Homer and more. See Wrangle Saint Elais, Denali, drive the Old Denali Highway. Stay in Airbnb or motels. Want advice or a driving plan let me know..

Bob Schwarz
Old 11-13-2022, 02:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,048 Times in 5,337 Posts

We did it with princess for 9 days. Awesome trip. 87li⁵
Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, land, suggestions, summer, coming

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.