Amsterdam

Closed Thread
Old 06-25-2010, 05:55 PM
Sage
Default Amsterdam

Thinking of going to Amsterdam next spring for the tulips and am considering a rental from www.peopleshome@london.com which i found on craig's list..does anyone have experience renting from this agency either in england, france or netherlands? any other suggestions for well located hotels? thanks
Old 06-25-2010, 08:34 PM
Veteran member

That's a trip I've always wanted to make. Have fun, and let us know how it goes! Have you looked at fodors.com or lonelyplanet.com? They have forums where you might post your question or get information....Good luck.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:26 PM
Gold member
Default another source

you can also post questions and get answers on tripadvisor.com
Old 06-27-2010, 05:30 AM
Veteran member

You will love Amsterdam. I have no experience with that rental agency, but have had excellent luck with Tripadvisor.com. The reviews are written by travellers, not professional travel agents or sales people. I would advise that you check a map and try to stay as centrally located as possible. Amsterdam is great for walking and biking. A good location would be near the Van Gogh museum.

Make sure to take several side trips, particularly the flower auction at Aalsneer. You will seen trainloads of flowers on train tracks coming in and out of the auction building where florists bid on them. The smell and colors in the building are amazing.

Holland is only the size of Massachusetts, so a quick train or bus ride will take you to great side trips.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.