Brightline fun for short trip

Old 05-02-2024, 07:52 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,630 Times in 600 Posts
Default Brightline fun for short trip

So thinking of taking Brightline for a overnight trip, just for S&Giggles.

First did you drive to MCO and board there.

Where did you visit, West Palm station, and was it a good destination?

Other choice is Miami station, which should be a fun plan.

Thoughts on happy with using Brightline instead of drive, thanks
Old 05-02-2024, 01:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
So thinking of taking Brightline for a overnight trip, just for S&Giggles.

First did you drive to MCO and board there.

Where did you visit, West Palm station, and was it a good destination?

Other choice is Miami station, which should be a fun plan.

Thoughts on happy with using Brightline instead of drive, thanks
I just took it one way for a cruise leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale. The parking for the station is Terminal C airport parking and is about a 10-15 minute walk to the train. Since my cruise ended in San Diego, I parked off lot and took an Uber to the train and was able to get dropped off right in front. The ride was smooth and comfortable but tickets are a bit pricey.
Old 05-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,336 Times in 5,478 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
I just took it one way for a cruise leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale. The parking for the station is Terminal C airport parking and is about a 10-15 minute walk to the train. Since my cruise ended in San Diego, I parked off lot and took an Uber to the train and was able to get dropped off right in front. The ride was smooth and comfortable but tickets are a bit pricey.
When all is said and done, way to complicated to get to S Florida for a cruise and would never do it same day of the cruise so a night in a hotel makes it even more uneconomical. One day if they get Brightline to the Villages would reconsider.
Old 05-02-2024, 04:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
When all is said and done, way to complicated to get to S Florida for a cruise and would never do it same day of the cruise so a night in a hotel makes it even more uneconomical. One day if they get Brightline to the Villages would reconsider.
I wouldn’t fly the same morning of a cruise but there were plenty of train options and we went that morning arriving in more than enough time. It’s not like there’s a delay as with airlines. My cruise was FL to San Diego so I needed to fly back to Orlando. It was perfect for me going one way and having my car parked at MCO. Of course if it were round trip cruise from Florida I would’ve driven myself.
Old 05-02-2024, 05:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,045 Times in 466 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
I wouldn’t fly the same morning of a cruise but there were plenty of train options and we went that morning arriving in more than enough time. It’s not like there’s a delay as with airlines. My cruise was FL to San Diego so I needed to fly back to Orlando. It was perfect for me going one way and having my car parked at MCO. Of course if it were round trip cruise from Florida I would’ve driven myself.
Bingo.

Tags
brightline, fun, drive, station, trip

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.