Class B RVs in The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2021, 06:41 PM

Oh yippee another cousin Eddie coming to the Grizwald house! Your neighbors will love you! What’s next, a canoe mounted on top?
Old 05-02-2021, 06:56 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
It’s there look through pages of fine print, pages of graphics and charts with the little x’s.
It is actually in 'District Adopted Rules'!
"● Campers, Winnebago’s, and other RVs are allowed on the driveway not to exceed 72 hours (3 days) provided they are not plugged in or inhabited. This allowance is made in an effort to accommodate the packing and unpacking of the RV."

See the 'External Deed Restriction Standards & District [X] Adopted Rule to Bring About Deed Compliance' for your District
VCDD Community Standards

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I think it's a Villages myth.
Nope! Not a myth!

Old 05-03-2021, 05:18 AM

Are you always this rude? It must be miserable living with yourself...
Old 05-03-2021, 05:21 AM

It is amusing :-) :-). Rude people complaining about Rude people :-) :-)

Thanks for the smile!
Old 05-03-2021, 06:19 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmarkwald View Post
Really? OMG, that's rude!

He was asking a honest question and deserves an honest answer.
Lighten up and dont be so sensitive. Hes being funny. I thought his reply was witty. Take it for how it was meant and stop reading into it.
Old 05-03-2021, 06:29 AM
Default New RoadTrek Owner ....

Over the past 35+ years I’ve owned every category of RV except a “Class B.” Loved them all, although each had it’s advantages/disadvantages. In January (2021) I found and purchased a 2006 RoadTrek 19 with 82K miles. The Chevy 3500 frame seems ‘stout and well cared-for. So far, I’ve only taken it on a short trip to Pensacola, but it seems fine (although small). I’m planning a longer trip to Denver & Astoria (OR) this summer; will know more then! I always thought about building-out a regular van (‘ala “Nomadland...”) but, being honest, my carpentry skills suck and I found it easier to just buy the RoadTrek. Although it will fit on my Villa driveway, I usually keep it in dry storage behind the woodshop off Rolling Acres Rd. (two days ago I counted seven Class B’s being stored there).

As for your idea of using it as a second daily driver ... Hmmm. That might work, but frankly I don’t think it would be particularly convenient. You see Lot’s of van’s being used by commercial folks in TV, do I suppose it’s doable.

Class B’s seem to be quite popular, and owner’s USE them! It’s not uncommon to see them on the used market with 80-100K miles. One thing I’ve noticed is Class B’s seem to be fairly “complex.” You have virtually all the systems (electrical, plumbing, a/c, etc) all crammed into a much smaller space, and it does get busy! In my estimation, a carefully built-out Chevy Express van might actually be simpler - but not as comfortable/fancy. Ask me again when I get back to TV (in about SEP).

Shopping for a Class B will be educational. Take your time; learn everything you can beforehand. Believe it or not there is actually a Facebook page for Chevy RoadTreks! It’s quite active, and owners seem to LOVE their RoadTrek’s!

Please feel free to call me anytime (602-418-8267). Also, I’d like to meet other RoadTrekker’s and compare notes!

Best ....
Old 05-03-2021, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH1 View Post
Sure buy an RV and leave it in your driveway! It may compliment your house, and your 4 inch thick concrete driveway will show its appreciation by cracking a smile. Neighbors always enjoy peeking out their front window and hope that you took that trip across the country you were talking about. Your wife really prefers camping rather than going on a Viking River Cruise, or spending a day in Barcelona shopping and seeing the sights. Years from now you can visit your RV camper parked in the backlot of some storage place and look forward to changing out the sticky pads with the dead mice on them..always good to drive a mult-ton vehicle when we get older...
You rock, Rich!
Love your sense of humor and couldn’t agree more!
Old 05-03-2021, 07:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Just ask a passing troll sure there out and about
Old 05-03-2021, 07:52 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,066 Times in 534 Posts

If you could park it at home, you would still hate using it as your around the Villages vehicle. I say that because I have a 21 foot long 4x4 pickup truck, which is around the same size as many class Bs. 21' pickups had been my daily driver for 15 years, but around here it just was awful. Tight parking, riding along side golf carts...... I broke down and also now have an SUV for around town. You would not be happy with just the B van, trust me.
Old 05-03-2021, 07:57 AM

You should know what you're talking about for you make rude comments. "A" model RV's are the large bus type chassis. "B" models are built on a standard van or mini van chassis. "C"s use pick up truck chassis.
Old 05-03-2021, 08:23 AM
Default Another thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontolater View Post
Looking to buy something small and convenient to use as a car replacement. Figured it would be just as easy to have a small rv like a Leasureway, Roadtrek or similar. Since they are usually built on a 4 wheel platform, rather than a 6 wheel platform, I wonder if they would be ok to park in my driveway in The Villages.
With the exception of some Villas, The Villages does not own the roads. Due to this you can park on the street forever if you choose. Most neighbors would rather have it in the driveway than on the road. Sometimes neighbors should be a little more neighborly. Just a thought
Old 05-03-2021, 08:59 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikee1 View Post
With the exception of some Villas, The Villages does not own the roads. Due to this you can park on the street forever if you choose. Most neighbors would rather have it in the driveway than on the road. Sometimes neighbors should be a little more neighborly. Just a thought
As long as that car is parked according to the ordinance[s] within the governing town/county!

Old 05-03-2021, 09:05 AM
Default My Class B

I purchased a Thor Sequence "B Van " late last year. It's the perfect size for 1, and 2 people can be very comfortable in a different layout than mine (there are 3 layouts, I have the "K") It's on a Dodge 3500 Promaster Chassis which really brings the cost down from those that are on the Mercedes Chassis.
I've only taken it on a couple of small trips but am heading out west for a 6 week trip to see most of the National Parks the first of June.
There are no slide outs, and no exterior storage but for something this small (20') it's bathroom and internal storage are great.
The sticker was about 23K more than I ended up paying for it, so you can't rely on the sticker price.
I've had my B Van at my home for 3 days at a time, and store it 3 miles away so it's not too big of a pain. Although I really wish I could keep it here.
One more thing I feel I need to say. I purchased from General RV and my experience with the one small warranty item I needed has been terrible. Literally, they kept my RV for over 2 months do do something that took less than an hour to do. I don't know if service is like that at all dealerships --I sure hope not.
Whatever you decide to do---ENJOY
Old 05-03-2021, 12:26 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH1 View Post
Sure buy an RV and leave it in your driveway! It may compliment your house, and your 4 inch thick concrete driveway will show its appreciation by cracking a smile. Neighbors always enjoy peeking out their front window and hope that you took that trip across the country you were talking about. Your wife really prefers camping rather than going on a Viking River Cruise, or spending a day in Barcelona shopping and seeing the sights. Years from now you can visit your RV camper parked in the backlot of some storage place and look forward to changing out the sticky pads with the dead mice on them..always good to drive a mult-ton vehicle when we get older...
Wow....I know you were being funny, but came across snarky
Old 05-03-2021, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMcCord View Post
I purchased a Thor Sequence "B Van " late last year. It's the perfect size for 1, and 2 people can be very comfortable in a different layout than mine (there are 3 layouts, I have the "K") It's on a Dodge 3500 Promaster Chassis which really brings the cost down from those that are on the Mercedes Chassis.
I've only taken it on a couple of small trips but am heading out west for a 6 week trip to see most of the National Parks the first of June.
There are no slide outs, and no exterior storage but for something this small (20') it's bathroom and internal storage are great.
The sticker was about 23K more than I ended up paying for it, so you can't rely on the sticker price.
I've had my B Van at my home for 3 days at a time, and store it 3 miles away so it's not too big of a pain. Although I really wish I could keep it here.
One more thing I feel I need to say. I purchased from General RV and my experience with the one small warranty item I needed has been terrible. Literally, they kept my RV for over 2 months do do something that took less than an hour to do. I don't know if service is like that at all dealerships --I sure hope not.
Whatever you decide to do---ENJOY
Your "warranty" experience is pretty typical. Sad, but true. They are mostly sales places with a service facade, but no real service.

Tags
small, wheel, platform, villages, built

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.