Does Anyone Know?

Closed Thread
Old 03-16-2023, 05:05 AM
Veteran member

We flew in on Jet Blue to Terminal C. Did not have baggage, just carry-ons. It was one and one third mile between the arrival gate and ground transportation, which included two escalator rides. Got that number from iphone in pocket that measured distance. Endless walk, nothing in between.

Last edited by bonrich; 03-16-2023 at 05:06 AM. Reason: added dialog
Old 03-16-2023, 06:44 AM
Default About a mile from farthest gate

Have checked on my step counter twice and that's what I get from gate to street. JB counter just inside so will be slightly less.
Old 03-16-2023, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedChariot View Post
How many miles it is from JetBlue Terminal C counter to the gates to board a plane? Local news has done feature stories about this issue. They indicated it was several miles(?). There are few staff to push a wheelchair or carts to drive passengers. I would like to have some accurate information to assess what I will be facing. I called JetBlue and the person on the phone had no idea what I was referring to.
Of course not…they’re not in Orlando. When are you flying?Do you even know what gate? Lot of questions to answer before ANYONE could help you.
Old 03-16-2023, 07:09 AM
Veteran member

what is all this? It's very confusing on why anyone would have to walk all the way to the A/B terminal when there is baggage and parking at C
Old 03-16-2023, 07:27 AM

Terminal C was an architects vanity project. Its horrible. I will not fly Jet Blue down to FL unless the ticket is free while there are several other options available. The place is massive and its only the first phase. No floor people movers. No rental cars in that terminal yet. When we arrived we walked the long long long way to the exit/entrance area to get to the rental car area which was a table in the foyer. Did the paperwork and were told to go out the door and get on the shuttle bus to terminal A for the car. By the time the bus was full and moving we lost a ton of time. It took about an hour and a half from leaving the plane to leaving the rental car garage, When we got back to fly home I dropped the family off at terminal C drove the rental to terminal A to return the car. Then they said there was a tram to terminal C. I had to go into terminal A and there was an electronic sign that said the tram to terminal C was 30 minutes. I then walked outside of Terminal A and hired a taxi back to terminal C. I made it through security with my TSA precheck before my sons did without it. I emailed the airport about my displeasure and they said the tram was 10 minutes. I asked if it included the walking to the tram station in A and from the tram station at C to the actual terminal and they said no the 10 minutes is the actual ride. Lastly there are two or three people cart things that can move people to the gate inside the terminal BUT they were so cheap buying it that the version they bought required the driver to stand and be held up by a small pole behind him. I hope the architect is waiting for his award still that he/she expected designing such a huge waste of space. Lastly we spoke to aircrew on our flight and they all hate it. They have to get to work an hour early to get to where they need to go and the international flights go through the top floor requiring wheel chair staff to push people up many levels of ramps then across the length of the place.
Old 03-16-2023, 07:47 AM
Default Returning from an International location on Jet Blue can also pose problems

Quote:
How many miles it is from JetBlue Terminal C counter to the gates to board a plane? Local news has done feature stories about this issue. They indicated it was several miles(?). There are few staff to push a wheelchair or carts to drive passengers. I would like to have some accurate information to assess what I will be facing. I called JetBlue and the person on the phone had no idea what I was referring to.
Flew back from Cancun on Jet Blue a few weeks ago. After deplaning we not only had a long walk to the CBP area to pick up our luggage, the walk involved a pretty extensive ramp up to get over the lower departures area. I'm in excellent health, but it took several minutes to get to the top of the ramp and I was breathing pretty heavily. If you have mobility issues I strongly recommend making arrangements for wheelchair when you make reservations with Jet Blue.
Old 03-16-2023, 07:51 AM

My friend recently flew on Jet Blue from Newark and according to her fit bit the walk to the gate at Newark (the new terminal A)
was just about a mile- same at terminal C in Orlando. Neither terminal has “people movers” and there are few wheel chairs
available unless you’ve arranged for one when booking the flight.
Old 03-16-2023, 07:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
CBS did a piece on this issue last night. They are getting golf carts to shuttle people from the terminal (I think they said it was 3 miles from the terminal to car rentals) and although they didn’t put in “people movers” (AKA conveyor belts) due to the expense, it is in the works now. I love JetBlue and travel to my home state (NJ) twice a year. The new terminal is quite impressive.
Old 03-16-2023, 08:10 AM
Sage

Several years ago I started requesting a wheelchair when flying due to mobility issues. The last time we flew was 5 yrs ago....out of Sanford. It was a nightmare. NO ONE was at curbside with a chair like before and the crowds were ridiculous. My S.O. hunted one down and we somehow made our trek by ourselves...the wheelchair PLUS the suitcases. We asked about personnel and they said then, they were short-staffed. When Covid hit, we determined we'd not be traveling---not because of Covid but because of ticket prices going so high plus the ridiculous costs of rental cars. Don't know if that's all improved now or not but we're not traveling any time soon. THIS airport terminal sounds like a "car wreck"!!
Old 03-16-2023, 08:11 AM
Default All three connected.

Quote:
C is hooked to A and B with automated people mover. So get the app to learn where things are.
Old 03-16-2023, 08:23 AM
Gold member

Has Workman added a terminal C pickup/drop off?
Old 03-16-2023, 08:33 AM

It’s not miles. We walked it last week. Long ways.it seemed a long walk after we got to C to walk to the gate. Probably a mile total. Few food choices.
Old 03-16-2023, 08:54 AM
Gold member

I don't know how many "miles" it is from counter to gate at Terminal C, but I do know for certain that the wait time in Terminal C is "way less" than in A or B. We flew Delta from Terminal C in January, and the wait time (in line) before reaching the first security checkpoint was over an hour. From the first line to gate totaled about 1.5 hours. We flow Jetblue from Terminal C in late February, and the wait time was less than 20 minutes total. I'll take a long walk before a 1.5 hour wait in line, any day.
Old 03-16-2023, 09:52 AM

Gate D ?,,,,that must be VERY NEW
Old 03-16-2023, 10:09 AM

I just took Workman to terminal C, flight to Dubai. Everything went fine and I don't remember a horrible long walk. I flew into B coming home. I was under the wrong impression that terminal C was for international flights.
Closed Thread

Tags
jetblue, miles, drive, passengers, carts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.