Good for you, Royal Carribean!

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2021, 07:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OETTING View Post
What exactly has DeSantis done to deserve a “great job “with vaccinations? We’re still below the national average.
There is a "you can lead a horse to water" aspect of the vaccinations today. They are readily available but there isn't much the governor can do to get people to take them.

However, early on in the vaccination effort Florida did well, at least for people my age. By prioritizing the vaccines by age and pushing the distribution Florida was able to get vaccines to the 55+ group weeks before many other states. I believe we even opened up to 18+ before most states as well.

Getting vaccines into the state, distributing them to vaccination locations, and setting the prioritization worked well here.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 06-09-2021, 07:55 AM
Platinum member

80% of potential cruise passengers favor vaccination requirements. cruise ships are floating petrie dishes in the best of times (norovirus anyone?). DeSantis is doing this to appeal to the former guy's base because of his political ambitions. waiting patiently for the day the former guy turns on him, too.
Old 06-09-2021, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
That is simply not true. If you are fully vaccinated, the probability of contracting the virus is extremely small. The breakthrough rate for the fully vaccinated was about 0.01% according to the CDC (they are no longer tracking it) and the chances of a breakthrough that causes hospitalization or death (what the CDC is now tracking) is about an order of magnitude lower.
That doesn't seem to be the latest news from the CDC. According to the June 7 release about a new study, "Once fully vaccinated, participants’ risk of infection was reduced by 91 percent. After partial vaccination, participants’ risk of infection was reduced by 81 percent. These estimates included symptomatic and asymptomatic infections."
Read more here: CDC COVID-19 Study Shows mRNA Vaccines Reduce Risk of Infection by 91 Percent for Fully Vaccinated People | CDC Online Newsroom | CDC
Old 06-09-2021, 08:01 AM

Per agent video from Celebrity’s CEO All non vaccinated people will be tested several times throughout the cruise at their own experience. That could be costly
Old 06-09-2021, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
Desantis for the win!
Royal Caribbean Makes Vaccines Optional for Passengers on Most Cruises | Travel + Leisure

Guess what, you don't like it? Don't go. They will be FULL.
If you got the vax, stop telling me to get one. If you believe in it and you got it, it's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS who else got it. On the other hand, if you don't really believe in it, and got it, keep clutching your pearls.
Au contraire, it is everyone's business. Spreading the disease, particularly the variants, is the concern of everyone. Have we forgotten how many times in the past diseases have spread aboard cruise ships, especially this one when it started. Disease is not political, it is just opportunistic and it is criminal for those who allow it to exploit its opportunities.
Old 06-09-2021, 08:07 AM

It is everyone’s business. You are a menace to society.
Old 06-09-2021, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
He made sure that the most vulnerable were vaccinated first...

Unlike a certain NY Governor...
That’s simply not true. DeSantis made the vaccine available to his rich and powerful supporters before it became generally available in lower income areas. Short memories when it’s convenient to support another big lie.
Old 06-09-2021, 08:10 AM

Will be so glad when we can get rid of that jerk. One infected person can ruin a vacation for everyone else on a cruise.
Old 06-09-2021, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
How opinions change.
In the early days of the local vacine rollout chaos, the Govenor couldn't find a friend, but now that private enterprise has solved the supply and administration problems, he is hailed as a savior.
Funny old world!
It can be very lonely when sticking to ones convictions. (Freedom and Liberty case in point) I only wish my home state of Texas Gov dared to be so BOLD. I have admired Gov Desantis’ decisions from afar since the beginning. Glad to be here in FL as my home away from home.🌺
Old 06-09-2021, 08:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Desantis for the win!
Royal Caribbean Makes Vaccines Optional for Passengers on Most Cruises | Travel + Leisure

If you got the vax, stop telling me to get one. If you believe in it and you got it, it's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS who else got it. On the other hand, if you don't really believe in it, and got it, keep clutching your pearls.
Upon further investigation it appears this is a Desantis power play. If you watch this video by Royal Caribbean's CEO Royal Caribbean Group CEO explains thoughts on vaccines for cruise ships this summer - YouTube it appears RC is being held hostage to Desantis since the overwhelming number of their US ports are in Florida. The CEO elaborates on his desire of wanting all passengers vaccinated but is forced to play by "the law of the land" that Desantis just instituted. The CEO also elaborates that there will be special testing for non vaccinated plus additional on board restrictions for the non vaxers yet to be established.
Old 06-09-2021, 08:28 AM

I’m booked to go on two NCL music cruises next year - both out of Miami. I just hope we don’t have Covid-19 outbreaks that disrupt the cruises. And I want to be rid of social distancing, and masks. If all, or nearly all, the passengers and crew are vaccinated, I expect “smooth sailing.”
(The cruises are “Outlaw Country” and “Cayamo.” Great music!)
Old 06-09-2021, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Desantis for the win!

So when you pull into almost any port they will be requiring some proof of vaccination. I guess you can always stay on the ship. If the passengers come down with Covid, do you suppose DeSantis will let them off the ship into Florida ports?
Old 06-09-2021, 08:34 AM

I'm not concerned about getting the virus from the antivaxers. I'm concerned about them developing the virus while on board and everyone is then confined to their stateroom for two weeks.

No thanks.
Old 06-09-2021, 08:36 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,204 Times in 465 Posts

Your chances of dying are great indeed, since I know of no exceptions.
Your chances of dying of heart failure, cancer etc are much higher than the virus.
You can still catch the virus, even if vaccinated.
They stopped keeping track of vaccinated people who catch the virus because they do not want to know.
This vaccine has not be fully vetted, unlike many other vaccines that are required.
People give up their rights quickly, like a great many people posting here.
As to people who wish to order me about, you can go you know where.
Go DeSantis!
Old 06-09-2021, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Upon further investigation it appears this is a Desantis power play. If you watch this video by Royal Caribbean's CEO Royal Caribbean Group CEO explains thoughts on vaccines for cruise ships this summer - YouTube it appears RC is being held hostage to Desantis since the overwhelming number of their US ports are in Florida. The CEO elaborates on his desire of wanting all passengers vaccinated but is forced to play by "the law of the land" that Desantis just instituted. The CEO also elaborates that there will be special testing for non vaccinated plus additional on board restrictions for the non vaxers yet to be established.
And how is it they will know who they are?
For many years, there have been requirements/restrictions by various countries for shots and vaccinations before being allowed to enter or even travel there.....with no howling of rights violations.
Closed Thread

Tags
good, business, hand, clutching, stop

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.