Good for you, Royal Carribean!

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2021, 08:40 AM
Default Vaccinations

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
He made sure that the most vulnerable were vaccinated first...

Unlike a certain NY Governor...
NY: 49% fully vaccinated, 57% partially.
FL: 40% fully vaccinated, 50% partially.

Neither deserves strong marks!
Old 06-09-2021, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matandch View Post
Hooray for Governor DeathSantis! Live Free and Die!
What does that mean...."DeathSantis"?
Old 06-09-2021, 08:43 AM

Hooray fir COVID it wins
Old 06-09-2021, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
And I understand. I am not disagreeing with you. Vaccine passports required by our own country is what many are considering against our civil liberties. However that is only good here in our little piece of the planet. Other countries have the right to make their own exit and entrance rules. I happen to have lived and still have a seasonal home on a border town. Most citizens here in the USA think we make the rules. Think again. I've watched people lose their boats for dropping an anchor a few feet over "boarder" while fishing.
Do you ever watch or read the news? The USA has NO borders anymore. No need for passports of any kind
Old 06-09-2021, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
How opinions change.
In the early days of the local vacine rollout chaos, the Govenor couldn't find a friend, but now that private enterprise has solved the supply and administration problems, he is hailed as a savior.
Funny old world!
Both my wife and I, plus most of our friends got out 1st vaccine shot in mid-january. No chaos involved. Just good leadership.

No need for free beer or tax paid lottery millions. Those with no desire to get the vaccine should not be bribed with taxpayers money.
Old 06-09-2021, 09:20 AM
Gold member

Not true! We U.S. Citizens are required to have passports. Illegals pouring over the Southern border don't require them.
Old 06-09-2021, 09:33 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
Desantis for the win!
Royal Caribbean Makes Vaccines Optional for Passengers on Most Cruises | Travel + Leisure

Guess what, you don't like it? Don't go. They will be FULL.
If you got the vax, stop telling me to get one. If you believe in it and you got it, it's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS who else got it. On the other hand, if you don't really believe in it, and got it, keep clutching your pearls.
Well, looks like I will be canceling my reservations for a Bluegrass Cruise on Royal Caribbean next January. I have until the first of October to do that, so perhaps I will wait to see what happens.

When I was hired as a professor at a state university in Pennsylvania in 1986, faculty were allowed to smoke in their offices and in the classrooms. Students were allowed to smoke in the hallways but not in the classrooms. Many ashtrays were provided. A few years later, students weren’t allowed to smoke in the building at all, but they could smoke in their dorm rooms, and teachers could still smoke in their offices, though no longer in the classroom. Then, around 1990, I think, not even teachers could smoke in their offices. No smoking in the building at all. A “freedom” to exercise a personal health choice was removed. I thought the teachers who smoked would go on strike or something. After all, all of our union leaders smoked. But they didn’t strike. They lived with it. By the time I retired last year, only a few teachers smoked, and they had one little area outside where they could do that. Students couldn’t smoke in their rooms. I’ve never smoked a cigarette in my life, but I’m interested in how the “freedom” to smoke came to be considered less important than the “freedom” to not have to breath second hand smoke. How did non-smokers end up having more power so quickly, and without bloodshed? Are “freedoms” rather flexible and slippery?

I moved to Rwanda to work in 1974. To enter (and also to deplane in Nairobi to switch planes), I had to have not only my U.S. Passport but my yellow international Vaccination Passport. When I moved to Beijing to work in 1983, again I was not allowed in without that Vaccination Passport. I always kept it with my U.S. Passport. I still have it, though I haven’t kept it up to date. Anyone who used to work in Africa or Asia in past decades knows what I’m talking about. Needing an international Vaccination Passport for foreign travel is nothing new. Is that more of an abuse of our freedoms than needing a U.S. Passport for foreign travel? Is it more of an abuse of our freedoms than going through a security line at the airport and having our bags x-rayed and perhaps being frisked?
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	D9D838FB-890C-4411-8235-FB07700D99A1.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	89777   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	6D8F3450-8D4F-4F62-88D2-40406C031301.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	89778  
Old 06-09-2021, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emb2458 View Post
Will be so glad when we can get rid of that jerk. One infected person can ruin a vacation for everyone else on a cruise.
Right. Say you go on a 14 day cruise in the Caribbean from Miami. Two days out, someone comes down with covid. What island will let 1000 people from a pestilence ship come ashore. When you get back to Miami, every unvaccinated person will spend the next 14 days in isolation. Will the state of Florida pay the refunds to all those thousands of people who had their vacation spoiled.
Old 06-09-2021, 09:53 AM

I was on board the Westerdam (Holland America) sailing around the Pacific Oceam in February, 2020 where the ship was not allowed to come into any ports even though there were no cases of COVID on the ship. Eventually Cambodia allowed us to come into port. I can only imagine the uproar on a ship that would occur if COVID broke out among the unvaccinated. Ports would probably refuse entry and the ship would have to find someplace to allow passengers to disembark. Given that DiSantis refused entry of a cruise ship last year, would he allow the ship to come back to Florida this time?
Old 06-09-2021, 09:56 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
Why? Because it violates your rights? Well, then stay home and I can exercise my right to stay healthy. Are children required to have certain vaccinations before they can attend school? YES. So unless you want to watch home videos of cruises instead of going on one just like unvaccinated children have to be home schooled......thats your right.
Yes it does violate my rights. You or I have no right to stay healthy. Staying healthy is a personal responsibility. Your rights, what ever you think they may be, end when they tread on my rights. You have no right to know if I am vaccinated or not. Why would I have to stay home if I choose to cruise RCCL from a FL port? Your anger is ugly. BTW: un-vaccinated children are in classrooms now.

Last edited by Joe V.; 06-09-2021 at 10:04 AM.
Old 06-09-2021, 09:57 AM

EU Digital COVID Certificate | European Commission

Others have differing thoughts.

Humans are such Funny creatures.
Old 06-09-2021, 10:05 AM
Default Well all have the right to be safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillowtalk View Post
NCL is fighting DeSantis in court on this. I have two cruises booked for 2022. Carnival and NCL. I will not be going on Royal Caribbean until they require proof of vaccination of everyone on the ship.
Why would anyone want to get on a ship with people who don’t care about the safety of everyone, just themselves?
I don’t think it will be good for Florida tourism to tell the world we don’t care about anybody but ourselves. The majority of the people have taken the vaccine, wore their masks in respect for others, followed the CCD guidelines, and stayed home for over a year.
It’s our time to enjoy, so maybe it’s time for the majority of us get to enjoy ourselves in a safe environment. Like you said if you don’t want to get on the ship, don’t go.
That should not be our only choice. On that basis... Make some cruises with ALL people VACCINATED.. Other Cruises that are vaccine optional. Then those of us who did "the right thing" cared about others, and followed the rules can cruise safely. May mean boarding in another state. You can thank DeathSantis for that.

The rest of you can go have a party and play Russian roulette with yours and the other cruisers health. As long as they fumigate the ship before we get on it GREAT, or keep ships separate. Why should those who follow the rules be penalized.
Old 06-09-2021, 10:08 AM

Totally agree. DeSantis is all about his journey to the White House. Doesn’t care about the rest of us.
Old 06-09-2021, 10:12 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiedenny View Post
Totally agree. DeSantis is all about his journey to the White House. Doesn’t care about the rest of us.
Wrong.
Old 06-09-2021, 10:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud1949 View Post
That should not be our only choice. On that basis... Make some cruises with ALL people VACCINATED.. Other Cruises that are vaccine optional. Then those of us who did "the right thing" cared about others, and followed the rules can cruise safely. May mean boarding in another state. You can thank DeathSantis for that.

The rest of you can go have a party and play Russian roulette with yours and the other cruisers health. As long as they fumigate the ship before we get on it GREAT, or keep ships separate. Why should those who follow the rules be penalized.
So you don't trust that the vaccine you took will protect your health? But, you believe that if you force the vaccine on others *then* you will be safe?

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Closed Thread

Tags
good, business, hand, clutching, stop

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.