Groome direct bus, formerly Workman

Closed Thread
Old 09-02-2023, 11:11 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts
Default Groome direct bus, formerly Workman

Rode the airport shuttle yesterday. Large bus said Workman on it. Same schedule, same gate at airport. nothing has changed but the vendor
Old 09-02-2023, 01:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Wonder what they do with direct pickups. Having to wait while 25 people get dropped off all around the villages would give me second thoughts.
Old 09-02-2023, 01:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Wonder what they do with direct pickups. Having to wait while 25 people get dropped off all around the villages would give me second thoughts.
The Groome bus I was on held eight so maybe four stops. We weren't the first stop so it didn't seem too bad. A post in another thread complained about what they perceived to be inefficient routing (they were the last stop).

Don't know how many a "large" bus might hold.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 09-02-2023, 02:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

We always parked at Brown wood hotel and picked up the shuttle straight to mco. Wonder if that will change
Old 09-02-2023, 03:38 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

No change. Reservation comes with parking pass if needed. The website is a replica of Workman site. See Groome faq.

Parking at Brownwood Hotel & Spa: You can park your car for any length of time at The Brownwood Hotel, if a Groome Express Depot customer! Passengers must park in “overflow” parking which is the lot to the far left when looking at the Brownwood Hotel. Place your parking pass that was sent along with your confirmation email on your vehicle dashboard prior to departure. View Map of "Overflow" parking for Groome Express Depot Customers.

Last edited by Babubhat; 09-03-2023 at 05:59 AM.
Old 09-02-2023, 04:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babubhat View Post
No change. Reservation comes with parking pass if needed. The website is a replica of old Workman site
I hope they start earlier and later than workman. With workman sometimes there was 2-3 hours between shuttle times
Old 09-02-2023, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
I hope they start earlier and later than workman. With workman sometimes there was 2-3 hours between shuttle times
I had a 1am scheduled pickup with Groome back in June...arrived by 1:10am. I could not get their driver map location to work on my phone. No complaints though. I had a very early flight.
Old 09-03-2023, 07:29 AM
Default Groome shuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
No Groome has two types of routes now so not dropping off tons of people all over. The same as workman used to run it leaves from LSL and brownwood hotel only and goes directly to airport for $40. If want home pick up with this route it is an additional $15 and takes you to LSL OR hotel. This is called their express service and exactly run like workman. No changes. Then they also have their other system in smaller van that picks up and drops off all over and goes to airport. So the express workman route is the way to go. Vehicle size will range from 6-30 seats depending on reservations. Workman wants to focus more on day and multi day trips
Old 09-03-2023, 08:35 AM
Default Georgia user of Groome's.

[QUOTE=asianthree;2252440]I hope they start earlier and later than workman. With workman sometimes there was 2-3 hours between shuttle time/QUOTE]

I used Groome's all the time and was pleasantly surprised to find their services here. They are consistently on time and run 23 times a day, making it very convenient for flight times. The one thing we did not have was pickup to my home town so I had to drive to the depot to meet the van. I do know that they had institured the home pickup - for a small additional fee. I loved the service and the convenience of being dropped off directly at the boarding doors of the airport.
Old 09-03-2023, 08:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittycat522 View Post
No Groome has two types of routes now so not dropping off tons of people all over. The same as workman used to run it leaves from LSL and brownwood hotel only and goes directly to airport for $40. If want home pick up with this route it is an additional $15 and takes you to LSL OR hotel. This is called their express service and exactly run like workman. No changes. Then they also have their other system in smaller van that picks up and drops off all over and goes to airport. So the express workman route is the way to go. Vehicle size will range from 6-30 seats depending on reservations. Workman wants to focus more on day and multi day trips
Groome used to charge $35 to pick up/drop off at your house. Now, it looks like it's $40. Not an additional $15... I think it went up last Spring when due to increased gas prices...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-03-2023, 09:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Groome used to charge $35 to pick up/drop off at your house. Now, it looks like it's $40. Not an additional $15... I think it went up last Spring when due to increased gas prices...
The $35 -> $40 change was recent - I paid $35 for a trip in early June.

The $15 is an additional charge to take you to your home from the Express depot (Brownwood hotel). Think of it as a taxi ride from the depot to your home so that you don't need to leave your car in the hotel parking lot.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 09-03-2023, 09:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post

The $15 is an additional charge to take you to your home from the Express depot (Brownwood hotel). Think of it as a taxi ride from the depot to your home so that you don't need to leave your car in the hotel parking lot.
Works the same for Lake Sumter depot……….
No parking lot.
Old 09-03-2023, 09:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

We will be giving them a try
Old 09-03-2023, 09:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post

I -did- say "I think prices went up in the Spring"...

Why pay an additional $15 to get a ride home from Brownwood or LSL when they'll take you directly home for less money?

-Tom Petty
Old 09-03-2023, 09:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,087 Times in 2,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
I -did- say "I think prices went up in the Spring"...

Why pay an additional $15 to get a ride home from Brownwood or LSL when they'll take you directly home for less money?
Depending on where you live, the extra $15 is chump change compared to your time. If you live in the northern sections of the Villages, you will be the first picked up or last dropped off resulting in a MUCH longer ride. That was before a single home was built south of 44, I can only imagine the additional time now. If they had home pick up services that were exclusively for smaller sections of the Villages that would be different.
Closed Thread

Tags
bus, workman, groome, changed, yesterday

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.