Groome website

Closed Thread
Old 11-13-2023, 03:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Groome website

Have you used the new Groome website? If not, prepare yourself for frustration. It is clearly one of those sites that gets reworked by someone who will never have to use it, and never tested by anyone who will, before being released to the World.

Silly things like the "will you be bringing a scooter?" and "will you be bringing a wheelchair?" Since most people won't, the obvious design is one where the default is "No". Here the boxes are blank and you actually have to click on both drop-down menus and click "No".

Do you want trip protection? The default is "Yes" so if you miss this fact you end up paying more. If you want to make it "No" you have to run the "Yes" number down to zero, run the "No" number up to the number traveling then - and how stupid is this - select the names of all of the people traveling who don't want trip protection. As if you'd be saying "No" for people who aren't traveling!
Old 11-13-2023, 04:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

What’s with having to book both legs of a round trip? Two credit card transactions.
I guess I missed something?
It is a challenging site to navigate.
Old 11-13-2023, 06:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,088 Times in 2,749 Posts

Not very intuitive and worthy of the customer having confidence that everything will work out without issues. Very difficult to book an express shuttle with service between the terminal and the Villagers home. Hopefully operators will quickly pick up the phone so accommodations can be booked the old fashioned way until the website can be made user friendly.
Old 11-14-2023, 06:28 AM
Veteran member

I just tried to use this site yesterday.. whoever designed this should be fired.. I even called and after waiting 15 minutes to talk to a rep. she tried to talk me through the process and had problems doing it.. and after finally setting up an account and reservations we hung up... I then checked me e-mail later and only received verification for 1 of the 2 reservations.. I then tried to log onto site using the verification codes i was given and site would not accept my password...
Old 11-14-2023, 09:16 AM
Gold member

It's a terrible website. I gave up in frustration in September and drove to the airport. Tried it again for a trip this week and seem to have been successful. We'll see if they pick me up on time Thursday.
Old 11-14-2023, 09:44 AM

Website is a mess. Had visitors try to use it last week. They had a credit on their account and wanted to use credit. Home service all sold out so tried to book Express service to MCO. Couldn’t do it. Called and finally got thru to someone who told them they couldn’t do it online because credit was with Groome but Express is still run by Workman and the systems don’t talk to each other! What? Fortunately she made it happen and didn’t charge our visitors the normal extra $10 for booking over the phone (good thing because it’s their failed website which caused the customer to have to make the call)
Closed Thread

Tags
traveling, number, people, protection, trip

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.