How many stamps do you have on your passport?

View Poll Results: How many stamps do you have on your passport?
0- 10 34 70.83%
11- 20 2 4.17%
21- 30 2 4.17%
31- 40 1 2.08%
41- 50 2 4.17%
51- 60 1 2.08%
61 - 70 0 0%
71- 80 1 2.08%
81 - 90 2 4.17%
91 - 100 or more 3 6.25%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 10-26-2010, 04:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default I have had to have pages added to my passport. And am now

working to fill my new one.

Being an over million miler frequent traveler (maybe 2 million!!) I can honestly say I have never been any where that "hates" Americans. Even some of the so called restricted countries that allow Americans, the people are friendly to Americans.

In my opinion the hate Americans is a political/media agenda item.

There are of course countries you don't want to go to because it is unsafe. I always kept updated through the state department on what and where to go/not go.

btk
Old 10-26-2010, 05:04 PM
Veteran member

I am on my third passport but that is because I got older! Most countries have not stamped my passport. My Honey and I never have any problems and enjoy meeting people from other countries. Neither of us speak another language fluently, yet most people in other countries speak a little English or fluent English.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:17 PM
Gold member

Funny you should ask that. Just last week I returned from a business trip to Taiwan,where I've visited well over 100 times in my career, and I counted the stamps on my passport while waiting for a connection. My current passport will be five years old in December, and I have 29 round trips to Taiwan on it plus seven round trips to the UK, and some other other onesies and twosies. So far I have over 80 stamps on it (it has extra pages). All but five trips were paid for by my company, and those five (vacations) were made on frequent flier miles.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac View Post
There do seem to be some people on TOTV who have done a great deal of traveling. I wonder if Antarctica even has a stamp???

My brother who lives in the historic area of TV went to the South Pole a few years ago while in the Kansas Air National Guard. He was a C130 crew chief and they were delivering supplies to the US base in Antarctica and made a short side trip. He said the pole(s) were at Elevation 10,000 feet - had a picture of him and a line up of poles (guess it moves back and forth over time).

Being US military, he didn't need a passport.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 10-26-2010, 09:58 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

In general, I agree with the majority here -- most of the world does like Americans. Many do not like the Americans who behave as if the world belongs to America -- demanding that residents speak English; raising their voices when they can't be understood; refusing to understand the currency of a nation; thinking the dollar can buy anything. Those Americans are not liked with good reason. However, if you smile, learn a few words in the country you're visiting, are courteous and respectful, people will go out of their way to welcome you. I've found this to be true everywhere I've lived and visited.

I've been invited into homes for dinner by total strangers: Israel (both in a kibbutz and in an Arab's home), Paris (a couple met at dinner), Copenhagen (a couple in a bar). Tokyo (a woman who knocked me down) and Germany (a few occasions).

I will say that some English shocked me. I was in London 3 days after 9/11. Five different Brits told me it was past time that "we Yanks" got hit on our own soil. At the same time, I had many, many more tell me how genuinely sorry they were it had happened and what a true tragedy it was.

People all over the world are really the same. Some are kind and generous, open-hearted. Some are private. Some are unhappy. Some are genuinely mean-spirited.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 10-27-2010, 08:28 AM
Location: Numerous places including 10 states, Taiwan, and Australia

I have had to have extra pages added to mine due to too many stamps.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.