Iceland in mid-August this year

Closed Thread
Old 03-31-2023, 06:02 AM
Veteran member
Default Iceland in mid-August this year

Hubby and I are lucky to be going to Iceland in Mid-August. I would love to have suggestions as to what to pack. It's a Viking cruise, so I know what to pack to wear on the ship, but clueless as to what to pack for shore excursions. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-31-2023, 08:58 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salpal View Post
Hubby and I are lucky to be going to Iceland in Mid-August. I would love to have suggestions as to what to pack. It's a Viking cruise, so I know what to pack to wear on the ship, but clueless as to what to pack for shore excursions. Thanks in advance.
What you're wearing in your profile pic is a good start.

The weather in Iceland is notorious for changing from sunny and 70s to cold and rainy and back in the same hour. It's never hot in Iceland, at least as relative to a resident of Florida.

Always expect precipitation, even in June "the dry month". Mid August should be reasonable and mild temps, but it changes so quickly there you simply have to be prepared. Also it can be one weather pattern where you are, and 5 miles away, be something entirely different.

Just expect it to be cold and wet, strip off layers when it's mild and warm. It won't be super cold in August, so no need for parkas.
Old 03-31-2023, 09:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,382 Times in 2,520 Posts

It never gets completely dark either.
Dress for summer as if for UK and Ireland, ie. expect to get wet!
Closed Thread

Tags
pack, iceland, mid-august, cruise, excursions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.