"Jet" boat from Ft. Myers to Key West

Closed Thread
Old 02-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Default "Jet" boat from Ft. Myers to Key West

A small group is planning to take the high powered boat from Ft. Myers to Key West for a long day trip this month. Our enthusiasm has been damped by a negative report from a friend of a friend who took that trip in May. Supposedly it was very cold on the boat, etc. This is the only opinion we have on the trip and now we're seekng more input.

Has anyone taken this trip. When and what is your opinion. Would you do it again, do it differently, etc.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:24 AM

I did an Internet (Google) search two years ago. Results (comments) were not favorable. Ship, trip were bad. But things may have improved.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Veteran member

The trip all depends on the weather. If it warm with calm seas you will have a great time. If it is rough you may have to take a bus, like our neighbors did. I think they got back to Ft Myers around 3:30 am. We went once from Marco and it was a great trip but it was about 82 and very calm.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneroses View Post
A small group is planning to take the high powered boat from Ft. Myers to Key West for a long day trip this month. Our enthusiasm has been damped by a negative report from a friend of a friend who took that trip in May. Supposedly it was very cold on the boat, etc. This is the only opinion we have on the trip and now we're seekng more input.

Has anyone taken this trip. When and what is your opinion. Would you do it again, do it differently, etc.
This sounds like fun. I'd love to see Key West. How much does it cost to take the high powered boat? Is there a website with information?
Old 02-02-2009, 01:12 PM

when we lived in Naples, we took the trip several times. The only real purpose I saw in the trip was avoiding 7 hours of driving to Key West and back. I don't think I would use it for a day trip. The best part of Key West is the night life and if you don't stay the night then you miss out on the point of going to Key West.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:41 PM

Prior to moving to The Villages we visited Key West every year, for eight years. We love Key West although it has become more "touristy" than when we first started visiting. Also too many cruise ships stop. We were also thinking of taking the Jet Boat from Ft Myers this year since the drive would be so terribly long. I wouldn't care so much about the trip as long as the boat is safe. In this case it would not be the journey, but the destination.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenerside View Post
when we lived in Naples, we took the trip several times. The only real purpose I saw in the trip was avoiding 7 hours of driving to Key West and back. I don't think I would use it for a day trip. The best part of Key West is the night life and if you don't stay the night then you miss out on the point of going to Key West.
How much does the air boat trip cost?
Old 02-03-2009, 05:16 AM

I believe the cost is about $120 per person.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:21 AM
Gold member

Below is the website. I have not done this but will in the future. I would stay at least one night in Key West for the night life as well as down and back would not allow time to see Key West. Going down and back in one day would cram a lot into one day.

http://www.keywestexpress.net/Default.htm
Old 02-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Default key west

Love sloppy joes...try staying at the center court condos....Key West Florida vacation lodging places to stay in Key West FL
Old 02-27-2012, 08:49 PM
Default Jet Boat

That sounds like lots of fun! I'll have to try it sometime. Never been to Key West.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:06 AM
Smile Jet Boat

We have taken this trip many times had lots of fun on jet boat, great way to get to Key West fast. Stayed over and took boat back next day. They show movies and also serve food and drinks. Only good things to say about trips.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:06 PM
Veteran member

Key West Express - Talk of The Villages

Here is link to previous thread about the Key West Express. I've heard mostly positive things (few negatives) about it. We plan to try it for ourselves when we get moved to TV. I hope it turns out to be nice because I grew up in the Keys and would love to use it for occasional long weekend visits.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:00 PM
Veteran member

I ave a friend who took the boat from FT. Myers to Key West. They stayed a week and took boat back to Ft. Myers. She loved it.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.