Kissimmee novice

Closed Thread
Old 07-31-2010, 09:02 AM
Default Kissimmee novice

My wife and I are planning to take our visitors (my mother-in-law plus my brother-in-law and his wife) to DisneyWorld in November

Any advice on renting a three-bedroomed house/apartment in the area, or staying at a suite hotel that has three bedrooms, would be gratefully received

Also, what should I take as proof of Florida residence? I do not have a driving licence.

Thank you
Old 07-31-2010, 10:29 AM
Sage

You can get a "Florida Only" DL and still keep your one from out of state.

I believe you need your original Social Security card or a Passport to get it.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 07-31-2010, 11:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermuda View Post
My wife and I are planning to take our visitors (my mother-in-law plus my brother-in-law and his wife) to DisneyWorld in November

Any advice on renting a three-bedroomed house/apartment in the area, or staying at a suite hotel that has three bedrooms, would be gratefully received

Also, what should I take as proof of Florida residence? I do not have a driving licence.

Thank you
For many, many years (maybe 8?) I would go on e-bay and look for timeshare weeks. I ended up staying at gold crown places in/around Disney. Places like Vistana, Orange Lake, Cypress Harbor etc. Most were 3 bedroom timeshares with full kitchens. The most I paid was $500 for the week. Beats the heck out of a cramped Hotel room any day. Haven't done this in 4 years so maybe the prices are up and timeshares are iffy but worth a shot.

Last edited by Russ_Boston; 07-31-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:12 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
For many, many years (maybe 8?) I would go on e-bay and look for timeshare weeks. I ended up staying at gold crown places in/around Disney. Places like Vistana, Orange Lake, Cypress Harbor etc. Most were 3 bedroom timeshares with full kitchens. The most I paid was $500 for the week. Beats the heck out of a cramped Hotel room any day. Haven't done this in 4 years so maybe the prices are up and timeshares are iffy but worth a shot.
I agree with Russ. See if you can find a timeshare rental near Disney. Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY ANY TIMESHARE!!!! They will try to get you to go to a presentation and everything will sound great, but don't do it. The maintenance fees are more than you can rent the property for.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 07-31-2010, 06:36 PM
Sage

YES - Do not go to a presentation. Most will only ask but not require.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:26 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

these websites might be of assistance to you:
http://allears.net/acc/faq_hot.htm#off
i believe there is a link to vacation home rentals on this site

http://www.mousesavers.com/

http://tug2.com/timesharemarketplace/

the first two are more disney focused and the last is for the timeshare users group rentals.

to accommodate all three parties under the same roof, you might want to visit this site to see about getting a grand villa rental right on disney property:
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29

hope this helps - pm me if you need help digesting the disney stuff - we are disney vacation club members.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:09 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by getdul981 View Post
I agree with Russ. See if you can find a timeshare rental near Disney. Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY ANY TIMESHARE!!!! They will try to get you to go to a presentation and everything will sound great, but don't do it. The maintenance fees are more than you can rent the property for.
If you, spouse, children, are/were in the military or worked on a base this is a bargain.
Most are studios or 2 bedrooms with a sofa-bed though.

http://www.afvclub.com/
Suffering from TV envy
Old 08-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Default Kissimmee Novice

Thank you all for your useful information

Now to start working the Web :-)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.