How many stamps do you have on your passport?

View Poll Results: How many stamps do you have on your passport?
0- 10 34 70.83%
11- 20 2 4.17%
21- 30 2 4.17%
31- 40 1 2.08%
41- 50 2 4.17%
51- 60 1 2.08%
61 - 70 0 0%
71- 80 1 2.08%
81 - 90 2 4.17%
91 - 100 or more 3 6.25%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 08-22-2010, 06:55 AM
Taltarzac
Default How many stamps do you have on your passport?

A conversation from Eat, Pary, Love has the heroine's passport having 49 stamps while her import/export lover has 47 on his.

Because of Eat, Pray, Love, I was wondering how well traveled TOTVers are?

I have only been to Mexico and Canada so am not what I would call well traveled but I have been to 3/4s of the US States.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 08-22-2010 at 07:01 AM.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:30 AM
Veteran member
Default Stay in USA

We have visited Canada only. Most of the world hates the USA. I will spend my money here !
Old 08-22-2010, 08:21 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Oldcrabs View Post
We have visited Canada only. Most of the world hates the USA. I will spend my money here !
Quite a statement! How would know, if you've never been anywhere?

I can tell you, from experience, most the world does NOT hate Americans.

Just saying.....keeping it real
Old 08-22-2010, 08:43 AM
Sage

Been to Mexico, but didn't need a passport for that when I lived on the west coast. Have been to many of the US states, though not Alaska. Heading across the pond next year to visit the UK. Will then get a stamp on my passport...
Old 08-22-2010, 02:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I have no stampsl because most of the countries I have good to do not stamp or in some cases do not look. For the most part I am on cruises and I could see the countries using different procedures at a terminal than at other border crossings.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I had to have pages added twice and after the second time they made me get a new passport when those were full even though it was only 9 years old. So my new one has only a few stamps. The visas for India and some other country take up a whole page. One year I had 60 entry and exits in 5 months. But am now doing a lot less travel so this one should last a while.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:09 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
I had to have pages added twice and after the second time they made me get a new passport when those were full even though it was only 9 years old. So my new one has only a few stamps. The visas for India and some other country take up a whole page. One year I had 60 entry and exits in 5 months. But am now doing a lot less travel so this one should last a while.
There do seem to be some people on TOTV who have done a great deal of traveling. I wonder if Antarctica even has a stamp???
Old 08-22-2010, 05:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
Quite a statement! How would know, if you've never been anywhere?

I can tell you, from experience, most the world does NOT hate Americans.

Just saying.....keeping it real
Old 08-22-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
I can say from experience that is not true. I flew international flights for many years before retiring,and am now in Shanghai leaving tomorrow for Zhuhai China then Macao, Hong Kong, Seoul then Ord -Mco. I had to replace my passport last OCt,could not add any more pages.When I am asked "Where are you from"The most common reaction is a big SMILE. Thay might not like some of the policies(not my feelings) the US gov has but they like the American people.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:10 AM
Soaring Eagle member

No stamps on mine. That'll change this weekend when my wife and I go on our honeymoon.

Nowadays, my travels would have managed 2 stamps (Canada and Mexico) but, of course, didn't need them when I went there.

My oldest daughter is a different story. She recently did a semester in England and, for Spring Break, did a month of travelling around Europe by rail (the EU Rail Pass was my Xmas present to her). They stamped her passport after the flight from London to Faro (Portugal) and she travelled all through Europe without another stamp, just walking through customs, until she tried to leave Germany and they took a close look at her passport, wondering how she'd gotten to Germany from Portugal. She told them she'd been to Spain, Italy, Greece, Hungary, Austria and the Czech Republic in the interim and none of them stamped it (nor did the German authorities when she entered).

My youngest has Fiji, New Zealand, Australia, England, France and Japan on hers.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:14 AM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

Someday I will have to tell you all how I screwed up and wound up with a Diplomatic Passport and had trouble getting into countries!

Army Guy
Old 09-14-2010, 08:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
You all need to get out more. Nothing could be further from the truth. Most people from other countries are very friendly and open. I traveled extensively in my former life and always found friendly people along the way. In Australia if you go in a bar for a cold one and start up a conversation you wind up being their guest and can no longer buy your own beer and everybody is your mate.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:17 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I agree with Ragbagger. I have traveled a lot and every place with very few exceptions is safe, friendly, and you are very welcome. Australia as mentioned, Singapore, Hong Kong, most of China, Thailand, all of Europe, even France, I have found the people very courteous and outgoing and welcome to Americans.

The few places I have found concerns, Malaysia and even there most are friendly, South Africa some minor issues, Sao Paulo, and all of them if you maintain some level of a low profile and minimize your risks you are fine. Venezuela, not really safe, Mexico city, also not safe, but keeping with a group and conscious of your surroundings, you can make do.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:34 AM
Platinum member

No stamps.
European travel courtesy of the USAF, Military ID was used for crossing international borders.
Cruise vacations, passport required but no stamping needed to go ashore.
Suffering from TV envy
Old 10-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Our experience in Europe (England, France, Ireland) these past two weeks was nothing short of outstanding.

They most certainly do NOT hate Americans - at least not in THOSE countries. The ones my daughters have been to? Again, VERY friendly. I have some hilarious footage of a small crowd of Fijian schoolchidren horsing around with my daughter (a friend took her camera and recorded the episode).

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.