National Parks in USA

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2009, 03:36 PM
Default National Parks in USA

hubby and i want to travel USA before taking on other countries. we've seen the Grand Canyon in Ariz, Sedona, etc in Ariz, did texas, tenn, Nevada, Hawaii, Calif, New Orleans but still want to see national parks. what is by far the best to see, Yellowstone, Bryce etc??? any tips when to go. i prefer weather that is in the 70's-80's during day. Love to hear any adventure stories. thanks cc
Old 05-15-2009, 03:59 PM
Default One my favorite websites for traveling around the US

Conservativechick,

Here is one my favorite websites for traveling around the US. Hope it helps you out!

http://www.byways.org/
Old 05-15-2009, 05:41 PM
Veteran member

Yellowstone is definitely one that should be on your must do list. My husband and I both agree that the best place we have been to is Estes Park, CO. The Rocky Mountain National Park is right there also. We also love the Redwood Forest and driving the Pacific coast highway in California.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Veteran member

Yosemite by all means is the best I have ever been for beauty. All the pictures I have seen of the place just do not do it justice. It is very hard to describe but you just have to see it. I was there in April many years ago and the summer crowds were not there so that made it even better. The snow was melting at the high country and the water falls were dumping tons of water.

You just stand there and look in any direction and the view is incredible. I just wish I could have spent more time there.

Amazing place.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:41 AM
Gold member

I agree completely with Yosemite. While I loved Zion/Bryce/Grand Canyon and Yellowstone, Rock Mountain, etc., Yosemite, in the right time of year, is absolutely breathtaking. Best time to go is mid to late May while the spring runoff makes the rivers and waterfalls just roar and it is before the peak tourist season yet after the snow melts on the high country roads giving you access to a great place to view the park from above - Glacier Point.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:25 PM

Yosemite sounds beautiful in May. how many other parks can we do in a 2 week period when traveling around??? cc
Old 06-12-2009, 07:27 PM
Default National Parks

Yellowstone is my #1 favorite with Yosemite and Grand Canyon following behind that. We went to Yellowstone at the end of August and found it a great time since many parents have to get back with the kids for school. Bryce is beautiful too.

This year we are doing Yellowstone again and Glacier and we are taking a week at each park so we don't feel so rushed. I want to soak it all in.

I love a little of all the parks!
Old 06-13-2009, 12:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by conservativechick View Post
Yosemite sounds beautiful in May. how many other parks can we do in a 2 week period when traveling around??? cc

If you do Yosemite, be sure to do the Rim walk from Glacier Point to the valley - it's about a four hour hike mostly downhill (take the tram up to GP)

We like Arches NP in Utah near Moab too.

If you are 62 or over you can get a "America the Beautiful Pass - Senior Pass" at any NP for $10 and you and you party get free entrance - for life! Plus 50% discount on use fees.

Has to be bought at a NP.

http://www.nps.gov/fees_passes.htm
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)

Last edited by chuckinca; 06-13-2009 at 10:16 AM.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:17 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca;209070
If you are over 62 you can get a "America the Beautiful Pass - Senior Pass" at any NP for $10 and you and you party get free entrance - for life! Plus 50% discount on use fees.

Has to be bought at a NP.

[url
http://www.nps.gov/fees_passes.htm[/url]
You can also get the pass at the Canaveral National Seashore just south of New Smyrna Beach.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.