New york city tours

Closed Thread
Old 08-14-2017, 07:45 AM
Default New york city tours

How easy is it to get to Ellis Island, Statue of Liberty, World Trade Center Memorial etc.? Will a tour company pick you up at hotels? Take a cab to ferry? What have you done?
Best hotels to be in center of most attractions?
Appreciate your input!
Old 08-14-2017, 08:33 AM
Veteran member

Here's a site that offers FREE tickets/tours to NYC events.

Free Events, Free Things to Do in New York City (NYC)

I always sign up for a weeks pass, at around 2 bucks. The tours are great, you only need to tip the guide. I've seen quite a few off-off Broadway shows through this site. Highly recommended.

If you are going the first weekend of the month and have a Bank of America account/card they offer FREE tickets to many museums.

Partners list from Bank of America

Also, the sight seeing tour buses are a hoot, as well as the Circle Cruise tours.

In good weather use the Citi Bike system for do-it-yourself tours.

Citi Bike: NYC’s Official Bike Sharing System | Citi Bike NYC
Old 08-14-2017, 08:53 AM
Veteran member

Have stayed at many different hotels in NYC. Novotel Times Square is a good deal for the price. Great location, great roof top bar. PS: Across the street is the Stardust diner with the singing waiters. Go there for breakfast. Do not go for lunch or dinner.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:39 AM
Gold member
Default Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieq View Post
How easy is it to get to Ellis Island, Statue of Liberty, World Trade Center Memorial etc.? Will a tour company pick you up at hotels? Take a cab to ferry? What have you done?
Best hotels to be in center of most attractions?
Appreciate your input!
You do not say how long you have, what kind of shape your are in or your interests.

As to the World Trade Center, Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. You will of course see many different suggestions.
You might want to go to the World Trade center, go to Century 21 a great place for discount shopping, take the Staten Island Ferry, it passes very close to the Statue of Liberty. The Ferry is probably the biggest bargain in NYC. You can get great photos of the tip of Manhattan and the statue of Liberty from the ferry. Ellis Island, to me is not really worth the time but there are tours avail where you get on the Staten Island Ferry. I cannot imagine your going to NYC and not seeing the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Central Park, Macys on 34th St, Strand book store.

Unlike Florida, if it rains it will rain most of the day so since there is soooo much to do, I would organize your plans for what to do in nice weather and what to do if it rains.

PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION-is probably the best in the world
Old 08-14-2017, 10:56 AM
Veteran member

Also look at:
Manhattan New York City Travel Discount Coupons

For the site: CitySightsNY via DestinationCoupons offers a Top of the Rock Adult Admission Ticket, bundled with a New York Eat and Play Card for $27.20. (On the DestinationCoupons landing page, click on "Buy Now Online" to see this price; although the DestinationCoupons page offers prices from $34, we found lower prices within.) Coupon code "SAVE10" drops it to $24.48. That's tied with our mention from three weeks ago, a savings of $35, and the lowest price we could find. The Eat and Play Card offers discounts on a wide range of restaurants, museums, stores, and activities. This travel deal ends December 31.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:07 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2newyorkers View Post
Have stayed at many different hotels in NYC. Novotel Times Square is a good deal for the price. Great location, great roof top bar. PS: Across the street is the Stardust diner with the singing waiters. Go there for breakfast. Do not go for lunch or dinner.
So the Stardust diner is a great breakfast place? I believe I've past by it but will check it out on my next visit to the big apple.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:51 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
So the Stardust diner is a great breakfast place? I believe I've past by it but will check it out on my next visit to the big apple.
It can get very crowded. I like to have an early dinner somewhere else, see a Broadway show and then hit the Stardust for dessert and coffee after the show. Fun place.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
If you have never been there give it a go. Typical NYC prices and you are paying for the atmosphere not the food.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Oh Boy I hope you have fun in the Big Apple. I'll wait here.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2newyorkers View Post
If you have never been there give it a go. Typical NYC prices and you are paying for the atmosphere not the food.

Yeah, atmosphere. Let's call it that [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
center, hotels, ferry, cab, york

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.