Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2021, 07:19 AM

Jumbling the words to avoid TOTV jail.
Old 12-02-2021, 07:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan1717;2035797[B
]I regularly check my antibodies through a blood test at Quest and know my number/level.[/B] It’s still high after 9 months later from having Covid.
If Biden is putting such intense travel rules on us, would it be easier to just go to Mexico and cross over with zero tests or mandates? Have there been any more secret late night flights into Jacksonville bringing immigrants to Florida? Just joking….. but not really.
Please see point one on post #16

I have no idea why anyone would regularly check their antibody level, in fact, I'm having trouble understanding why any physician would order multiple antibody tests on an asymptomatic patient, but beware putting all one's faith in the only commercially available antibody test out there. In other words, a positive antibody test does not necessarily = immunity.
Old 12-02-2021, 07:46 AM

That only applies to people flying in ——— NOT people charging in without papers through our southern border!
Old 12-02-2021, 08:38 AM
Veteran member

Ya know, ----- If you ignore it, it'll just go away.
Ain't it so?
Old 12-02-2021, 09:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,023 Times in 455 Posts

I got this from CNBC.

"The Biden administration is tightening travel rules to and within the U.S., requiring all in-bound international passengers to test for Covid within 24 hours of departure ...

The tightened pre-departure testing protocols will apply to all in-bound international travelers regardless of vaccination status and will begin as early as next week ..."

(emphasis mine)
Old 12-02-2021, 09:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

political!!
Old 12-02-2021, 09:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default Political… delete!

This is as political a post as I’ve seen here. It should be deleted.
Old 12-02-2021, 09:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuadog View Post
I got this from The Washington Post.

"The Biden administration is preparing stricter testing requirements for all travelers entering the United States, including returning Americans, to curb the spread of the potentially dangerous omicron variant, according to three federal health officials.

As part of an enhanced winter covid strategy Biden is expected to announce Thursday, U.S. officials would require everyone entering the country to be tested ​one day before boarding flights, regardless of their vaccination status or country of departure. Administration officials are also considering a requirement that all travelers get retested within three to five days of arrival.

In addition, they are debating a controversial proposal to require all travelers, including U.S. citizens, to self-quarantine for seven days, even if their test results are negative. Those who flout the requirements might be subject to fines and penalties, the first time such penalties would be linked to testing and quarantine measures for travelers in the United States.​"​
Just me but as unstable as the world is in, I’ll stay right here in the good ole U.S. People get into all kinds of issues from foreign govt. & then they expect the U.S. get them out of there. Oh I believe there’s safe places to go but anything could happen!
Old 12-02-2021, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuadog View Post
I got this from The Washington Post.

"The Biden administration is preparing stricter testing requirements for all travelers entering the United States, including returning Americans, to curb the spread of the potentially dangerous omicron variant, according to three federal health officials.

As part of an enhanced winter covid strategy Biden is expected to announce Thursday, U.S. officials would require everyone entering the country to be tested ​one day before boarding flights, regardless of their vaccination status or country of departure. Administration officials are also considering a requirement that all travelers get retested within three to five days of arrival.

In addition, they are debating a controversial proposal to require all travelers, including U.S. citizens, to self-quarantine for seven days, even if their test results are negative. Those who flout the requirements might be subject to fines and penalties, the first time such penalties would be linked to testing and quarantine measures for travelers in the United States.​"​
Sounds reasonable to me. The Flu Pandemic of 1918 lasted for several years (I think at least three). Better to be safe than sorry!
Old 12-02-2021, 12:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
It ALWAYS starts with one case (patient zero), even the black death. The difference is that we have a proven way to mitigate the spread of this virus, yet 100 million adult Americans refuse to get vaccinated.
Have we EVER had a 100% acceptance of anything, especially vaccinations? Did anyone really expect different?
Old 12-02-2021, 12:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
This is as political a post as I’ve seen here. It should be deleted.
Posting that opinion here is not how that will happen...

-Tom Petty
Old 12-02-2021, 12:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

so my daughter is going to ireland for sure to see future son-in-law over xmas. she's had all the shots, but will STILL need to quarantine upon return???? wait until her employer hears this:
Old 12-02-2021, 12:43 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages kahuna View Post
this is as political a post as i’ve seen here. It should be deleted.
Why???
Old 12-03-2021, 06:11 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,141 Times in 883 Posts

The latest I heard is having to show a negative test from within 24 hours. That's EXTREME. So hard for labs to make that happen without it being very pricey.
Old 12-03-2021, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Is it a coincidence that Omicron is announced right after the biggest travel time of the year since before the pandemic, reinstated sports venues, back to normal dining, thousands of cruise passengers weekly, etc......without a major break out of any kind what so ever!

The agenda? My guess....keep the majority scared, dependent and constrained as possible.
"keep the majority scared, dependent and constrained as possible." Rubbish, this is serious - just consider the death toll in the US and around the world.

Tags
travelers, officials, testing, u.s, days

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.