Quick Overnight Beach Getaway

Closed Thread
Old 08-09-2023, 02:57 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,640 Times in 444 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPerry View Post
Try Amelia Island, Fernandina Beach, and St. Augustine.
Bingo - This is the one I chose!

Thank you everyone for all the great suggestions, and I most certainly check out each and every one of them over the next year or so - I love getting away for a night or two - a reasonable drive - a good seafood dinner - then being able to spend the night, rather than drive home after dinner.
Old 08-09-2023, 03:10 PM
Default Quick beach getaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
Since I’m still a newbie to Florida (just 8 months) - I need a recommendation for a 2-night stay along either the Gulf or Atlantic coasts. So far, since I moved to TV, I’ve visited Clearwater Beach, which was nice, but I’m looking for something a little less crowded. Before moving to Florida, I’ve visited Pensacola/Destin/Lauderdale-Miami/Key West, so I’m familiar with those areas. I’ve been told and read that Daytona Beach isn’t all that great. I’m looking for someplace where I can get really good seafood, has some nice walking trails or boardwalk along the beach, and is relaxing. I want to take advantage of the lower hotel costs this time of year, and before things get really crowded during high season. I’m willing to drive up to 4 hours from The Villages. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Michael, if you are interested have a 3 night reservation at The Marriott Crystal Shores on Marco Island in a gorgeous 2 br/2 bath timeshare directly on the Gulf which we cannot use for Sept 17-20. It has a full kitchen, but there are some great restaurants directly across the street.
Let me know if interested.
Old 08-10-2023, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
Since I’m still a newbie to Florida (just 8 months) - I need a recommendation for a 2-night stay along either the Gulf or Atlantic coasts. So far, since I moved to TV, I’ve visited Clearwater Beach, which was nice, but I’m looking for something a little less crowded. Before moving to Florida, I’ve visited Pensacola/Destin/Lauderdale-Miami/Key West, so I’m familiar with those areas. I’ve been told and read that Daytona Beach isn’t all that great. I’m looking for someplace where I can get really good seafood, has some nice walking trails or boardwalk along the beach, and is relaxing. I want to take advantage of the lower hotel costs this time of year, and before things get really crowded during high season. I’m willing to drive up to 4 hours from The Villages. Any recommendations? Thanks.
New Smyrna Beach is beautiful and Blackbeards restaurant on US 1 is delicious!
Old 08-10-2023, 01:04 PM
Default Small Town Small World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank’s mom View Post
Wow! Urbana Ohio! I grew up near Greenville.
Hi Hank’s mom! I grew up in Arcanum! Now that’s a small town. LOL!

To the OP, I hear Honeymoon Beach is good as well as Siesta Key. Both are on the Gulf. I really liked Panama City Beach but it can be crowded. Port St. Joe on the gulf is nice. I have no recommendation for seafood.
Old 08-10-2023, 01:49 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Cocoa Beach a 2 hour drive on the Atlantic. Hilton Hotel, Florida fresh grill near by for excellent sea food. On the space coast so you might see a launch. Manasota Key on the Gulf. Several Airbnb’s on Manasota Key. If you want quiet and calm Manasota is the place. About 3 hr drive just south of Venice, Fl old Florida venue. Google for more info
Old 08-13-2023, 02:27 PM

The Kimpton at Vero Beach is very nice and there are some good restaurants in the area. It’s not as crowded as Clearwater.
Old 08-13-2023, 11:43 PM

I choice is the west coast. Beautiful white quartz beaches not sand. Siesta Key Beach is nice. Also I would go during the week not a weekend and stay away when Spring Break is on.
Old 12-07-2023, 10:35 PM

Indian Rocks and Madeira Beach (further south)!
Old 12-07-2023, 10:47 PM

Also check out Sebastian State Park. Half way between Melbourne Beach and Vero! It's a very out of the way place and has way less crowds.
Closed Thread

Tags
i’m, beach, i’ve, crowded, nice

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.