Rapid covid test for travel

Closed Thread
Old 09-03-2021, 06:07 AM

I’m currently on the Carnival Mardi Gras. Carnival just announced they are changing from requiring a negative test 3 days in advance to 2 days. It was very difficult finding a testing location near TV. Carnival has also stated they will now offer a mobile testing site at the ports and will also subsidize the cost. I ended up going to the Orlando area and using Covid Clinic and also CVS down in St Pete.
Old 09-03-2021, 06:14 AM
Default Rapid COVID Test

You need to check with your travel agent about how far in advance you need the test done. Carnival Cruise is modifying theirs as recommended by the CDC. Carnival is changing their requirement from 72 hours before sailing to 48 hours prior to sailing. This change goes into effect the week of 13 Sept. Other Cruise lines may follow suit but no official announcements yet. So check with your travel agent or check directly with the Cruise Line.
Old 09-03-2021, 06:39 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,141 Times in 883 Posts

I did a PCR test at a drive-thru clinic beside WAWA on 441 (did it in golf cart!). I got my results the next day. Easy. Not sure if they're still there though.
Old 09-03-2021, 07:01 AM

If you know your date of departure, and it sounds like you do, make your test reservations now for the period you need to hit.
Old 09-03-2021, 07:14 AM

The federal pay out for discovering Covid? What is the source for that? I heard that is false.
Old 09-03-2021, 07:21 AM
Default Before our cruise we went to the villages healthcare site up by the hospital

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimPete View Post
My wife and I will be taking a cruise in two weeks and will of course need a covid test three days before. I would like to hear about your experience getting the results of your test. Where did you go, how long did it take to get results, what kind of test did you get, was there any problems?
Rapid test, took 2 minutes, no line, outside on porch of building next the specialty building…results in less than 4 hours. Printed out result and took to cruise line. The Villages Health Rapid COVID-19 Screening - Currently Unavailable to make a reservation…can only make a reservation one day in advance…always times available…just get online early to schedule the next morning.
Old 09-03-2021, 07:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
My wife and I will be taking a cruise in two weeks and will of course need a covid test three days before. I would like to hear about your experience getting the results of your test. Where did you go, how long did it take to get results, what kind of test did you get, was there any problems?
Check the new guidelines from CDC. They just changed it from 72 hours to 48 hours. That being said I hope you enjoy your cruise, we sail in 3 weeks are selves.
Old 09-03-2021, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Get rapid antigen, results quickly. We scheduled pcn at CVS, results up to two days, then got a text a day later that mine had to be redone, crack in tube. No time to redo. Panic. Went to Walgreen for rapid. Got results within hour, cruise line accepted.
Old 09-03-2021, 07:49 AM
Default Payouts for Covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblaze View Post
My experience with the rapid covid test happened at The Villages Healthcare, when I showed up for a scheduled appointment for lab work, that was scheduled the week prior during my routine yearly physical. I showed up with a minor head cold that I probably picked up waiting in line at an Ocala shopping mall for my 2nd Covid shot, 6' socially distanced from all the other mask-wearing patients and doctors (and 60% immune from Covid, due to my previous shot)

I tried to cancel the appointment, but they basically tricked me into taking that stupid test by telling me not to cancel, but just park at the side of the building and wait for the nurse practitioner, instead of coming into the building. I thought it was odd to take my blood in the parking lot, but nothing makes sense in "Covid World", so I followed instructions.

A lady came out and swabbed my mouth -- unlike the real Covid test I'd gotten the previous summer, where they painfully swab your brain with a Q-tip, via the nose.

It came back "positive" in 5 minutes. The sniffles were gone in two days. I never had a fever or loss of sense of smell, or any other Covid symptom beyond the sniffles.

The main thing you need to know about that test is that all other viruses known to man have been eradicated by Covid, so if you're the least bit sick, it's Covid. And, given the high false positivity rate of that test (and the federal payout for discovering a case of Covid), even if you aren't sick, it might be Covid.

How you bought the trip
insurance!
And what do you think the federal payout for Covid is ??
Old 09-03-2021, 07:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnsassy View Post
I don’t know where you got your information from but Princess does requires a PCR or Antigen test 48 hours prior to your cruise. It was 72 hours but as of September 13 it is 48 hours. Those that are unvaccinated have to have a negative PCR test, fully vaccinated passengers can submit a negative rapid antigen test.
Now you know!
CruiseHealth™ FAQ: Sailings from the United States - Princess Cruises
Old 09-03-2021, 07:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

Walgreens drive-thru was a piece of cake. Filling out the form took much longer than the test. Results back by e-mail within an hour. CVS supposedly has similar drive-thru testing.
Old 09-03-2021, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob85 View Post
The federal pay out for discovering Covid? What is the source for that? I heard that is false.
If the cult says it's true it must be.
Old 09-03-2021, 09:23 AM

You can purchase a home test from optum.com, you will be monitored by a 'doctor' like a zoom meeting and get results very quickly. This test is approved by the cruise lines and is all the talk on cruise critic. they run around $30 each
Also avail is Fast Test now, locations in Miami, Ft. Lauderdale and Orlando, also rapid results that are accepted by the cruise lines

Have a safe trip!
Old 09-03-2021, 10:06 AM
Default Yes lets cruise

Quote:
Cruise From Florida !!! the highest Covid Rates and deaths in the USA , lets spread the virus about and spend time with others at close quarters....... and bring it home again OMG
Old 09-03-2021, 10:07 AM
Default Now 2 days per CDC

Quote:
Must be 2 days before...
Closed Thread

Tags
test, results, covid, rapid, long

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.