River cruise concerns

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2015, 01:25 PM
Veteran member

Did two back to back river cruises and very many ocean cruises. prefer ocean cruises, better organized, better food, etc. the meals were open seating, a free for all to get a seat. When we had surf and turf, small steak with one shrimp on top, This was Viking. At least open seating breakfast and lunch oh HAL we were taken to a seat. both had waiter service. The entertainment was talks on how great it was that all our money from old Europe was being spent in the Balkans.
I want real entertainment at night, not propaganda.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:56 PM
Default Love river cruising

We far prefer a river cruise vs. an ocean cruise. We find them to be much more elegant and thoroughly enjoyable. All excursions are included and you are given a choice of various ones each day. They always offer modified excursions for "gentle walkers". The cruise director and crew can not do enough for you. It is true that the evening entertainment can not compare to that of an ocean cruise. If you are seeking an active night life, you will not find that on a river cruise. We did an Avalon river cruise on the Seine (Paris to Normandy) which was spectacular. We also did an AMA cruise on the Rhine (Switzerland to Amsterdam), which we also loved. We hope to plan our next one on the Danube.

Please PM me if I can help you with anything.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.