Savannah, GA (any advice?)

Closed Thread
Old 03-18-2010, 09:17 AM
Veteran member
Smile

We will be visiting Savannah next month. Anyone have more first hand experiences and recommendations?
Old 03-18-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I have always wanted to go to Savannah but have not made it yet. We are starting to think about a little roadtrip soon in that direction.

Does anyone out there in TOTVland have any suggestions or advice that they would not mind sharing about what not to miss in Savannah? Restaurants? Tours? Where to stay?

(Of course, I do know that I will have to be very, very careful to know where Mr. Boomer is at all times if we are in Savannah. I have written here on TOTV before about how I know deep in my heart that the only woman he would ever leave me for is Paula Deen. I think she might be around there sometimes so I will have to be so very watchful. Mr. Boomer actually stops what he is doing to stare, hypnotized, at the television if she is on there luring men with all that butter and cream and sugar. But I really want to go to Savannah so I will have to take my chances I guess.)

Anyway, I hope there is some advice out there about that wonderful city. (I think I can handle Paula Deen if the situation presents itself.)

Boomer

All I can say is go to the Piano Bar, our group had a great time. Everything is great, good place to visit.

BUT, we had 40 people from our park go and only two couples had anything good to say about Paul's sons restruant. It was the worse thing of our trip and the only bad thing.

I see most other seem to have had good things to say but you won't here it from anyone in this park. Also, we have told most everyone we would never go back again including the manager that night.

Everyone's food was cold, two couples did do the buffet and said it was ok but not read hot.

Just this groups opinion, and no we all did not go together so it was not a big group to be served but we all did go on the same night. Reason is we all went our own way during the day so our timing was different.
aj
Old 03-18-2010, 07:49 PM
Location: East Alton, IL (near St. Louis, Mo), Duval, St. James and hopefully lastly Collier
Default General info....

We were down to Savannah the last weekend in February and stayed at The Amethyst Inn at Sarah's Garden and was really disappointed in it. It had pretty much rave reviews on TripAdvisor but compared to a lot of other places we'd stayed it was kind of run down and breakfast was nothing to write home about - IMO. Granted we had one of the smaller rooms but it was REALLY tiny!

We didn't eat at Paula Deen's for dinner but we did have dessert there after walking around the riverfront. I had the pecan pie and it was DE-licious - I'd recommend it wholeheartedly. We ate at Tubby's Tankhouse on the riverfront. It's upstairs and you can sit outside and enjoy the nice view of the river and the convention center.

I'd definitely recommend taking one of the trolley tours. The one we took was 90 minutes long and once you finished the tour you were able to get off and wander around and then go to one of the trolley stops and they would take you to another one of their stops or back to your hotel/inn. That was nice - didn't have to deal with driving at all.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.