Senior Traveler Info

Closed Thread
Old 06-14-2010, 12:14 PM
Default Senior Traveler Info

Several years ago, I visited a website that rated the physical difficulty level of trips for senior travels; i.e. minimal walking? high activity level? etc. Would anyone here happen to know what I'm talking about and by chance know how to access it? Appreciate it.
Chocolata
Old 06-14-2010, 02:37 PM

Hi Chocolata,

Try the following link. But I would also suggest working with a travel agent, who can advise you along the way of planning your trip. A good travel professional will do the research for you based on your interests.

http://www.aarp.org/travel/trips/inf...l_ratings.html

Carm
Old 06-14-2010, 03:47 PM
Platinum member

Elderhostel (Now Exploritas) has their trips graded by activity level.
Tampa, FL
Old 06-14-2010, 03:58 PM

Thanks so much, Carm. This is a good start. You're right.....seems working with a travel agent would be the best way to go. Gets harder and harder to hold up through all the things we used to be able to do, huh?
Chocolata
Old 06-14-2010, 04:02 PM

Avista -- checking it out.....thanks a lot.
Chocolata
Old 06-14-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolata View Post
Thanks so much, Carm. This is a good start. You're right.....seems working with a travel agent would be the best way to go. Gets harder and harder to hold up through all the things we used to be able to do, huh?
Chocolata
Chocolata,

I work in travel - Rail Vacations - but my response is not self serving. Having worked in the travel industry for the last 10 years I have seen trips go bad for some people - whether they book on their own or through an agent. I have even had people come to me for help after they booked on their own. Sometimes I could help, other times it was impossible to do anything but offer advise.

Booking with a trusted professional adds a level of protection and service that you are not paying extra for (some agents may charge small fees for non-commissionable items such as air). The travel suppliers that agents generally book through pay commission to the agent and the client is the winner - you do not pay more than if you were to book direct through a travel supplier but you have a third party working for you. (There are exceptions of course as some travel suppliers charge the agent a net rate and it is up to the agent to mark-up a package or component of the trip).

I hope you find what you are looking for...happy travels!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.