Shuttle to Port Canaveral from The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 05-31-2023, 07:20 AM
Default Shuttle to Port Canaveral from The Villages

I am looking for the best method to the cruise Port Canaveral from our home in The Villages. We have 4 adults and 4 suitcases.
Old 06-01-2023, 04:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJOTTE View Post
I am looking for the best method to the cruise Port Canaveral from our home in The Villages. We have 4 adults and 4 suitcases.
I always drive and park at the cruise terminal next to the ship.
Old 06-01-2023, 06:22 AM

Check with Yankee Trails. They are located next to Lowes on 441. They service the cruise terminals and we took it in April to Ft. Lauderdale cruise terminal. Cost was $50/person for one way travel. Double for round trip. On time, comfortable and efficient. Highly recommend this way to travel.
Old 06-01-2023, 06:30 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,303 Times in 561 Posts

The Cruise parking is very Affordable.. I parked there in Jan. 9 days with the Port Canaveral Pay in Advance option for under 100.00.. I have heard too many stories of the Shuttles not picking people up at their homes.., Enjoy your Cruise
Old 06-01-2023, 11:30 AM

Another option is to rent a car and drive down. Just make sure that they give you credit for a full tank of gas when you turn the car in. Both Hertz and Avis have places near the cruise terminal. Have fun on your cruise.

— Joan Robinson, “Contributions to Modern Economics” (1978)
Old 06-01-2023, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarlys View Post
Check with Yankee Trails. They are located next to Lowes on 441. They service the cruise terminals and we took it in April to Ft. Lauderdale cruise terminal. Cost was $50/person for one way travel. Double for round trip. On time, comfortable and efficient. Highly recommend this way to travel.
Yep, used them & was pleased with the service. Be aware that they don't seem to operate in the summer months.
Old 06-01-2023, 02:19 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoguy View Post
Yep, used them & was pleased with the service. Be aware that they don't seem to operate in the summer months.
Have used nearly every option to every terminal in Florida, except Jacksonville, rented auto and drove to Miami, turned in in downtown Miami and had Hertz employee drive us to Dodge island (no charge) and drop us off. Have used three different cruise bus services, one of which no longer operates, have driven to all Florida terminals and used their parking, and have also used several off site parking services in Lauderdale. In summary, including giving some consideration to the cost of each, I would say our greatest level of satisfaction was using Yankee Trails, Port C. used to only be $50 round trip, probably much more now ! You do have to take a cab, or talk a neighbor into getting up VERY early and driving you to the bus meeting place, usually the Bealls department store near Yankee Trails office on 441. Others have pointed out, in summer in Florida, there may not be any other option but to drive to the terminal in your own automobile, but always check on line for various "drive and park" deals at local motels and hotels. The Radisson at Port C. is one example of all inclusive hotel room the night before, parking, full breakfast, and round trip transportation over to the port. These packages are available at every cruise port.

Last edited by Pairadocs; 06-01-2023 at 02:23 PM. Reason: sp correction
Closed Thread

Tags
port, canaveral, villages, shuttle, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.