Transport to Orlando Airport

Closed Thread
Old 01-15-2009, 01:15 AM
Veteran member

Check Gainesville, also - it is a regional airport, but Delta and U S Airways both fly out of there. It is not always the best choice, but it is closer to drive to (and also with no tolls to pay as the trip to Orlando has) than either Tampa or Orlando, and is small and uncomplicated (only one gate! And you just park in front and take your luggage in - daily parking rate is also less than Tampa and Orlando). About 1 hour and five minute drive from The Ville.

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:23 PM
Eternal Member
Default Scoop on Jitney Shuttle Services

Just received this email from a friend who had reservations tomorrow on Jitney:

"I called the Jitney earlier today, they didn't return my phone call so I called the reservation line this afternoon. There is a recording -
about a medical emergency of the "owner" and that after much discussion they decided to suspend transportation for a while
and will refund all moneys for canceled trips.
Also, 1 free ride will be provided after they return to furnishing shuttle services."

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:00 AM
Sage
Default Orlando airport transportation for people who don't drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandgal View Post

"I called the Jitney earlier today, they didn't return my phone call so I called the reservation line this afternoon. There is a recording -
about a medical emergency of the "owner" and that after much discussion they decided to suspend transportation for a while and will refund all moneys for canceled trips. Also, 1 free ride will be provided after they return to furnishing shuttle services."

Thanks for the update IG. I suspected that the Florida Jitney had stopped their service. Darn!!! It was great while it lasted, it was so convenient. I wish the Villages Shuttle would run a bit later at night.

Options are limited for people who can't drive. Limousine service is an expensive option .. even through gas prices have decreased, the cost of limo service seems to be the same. $85.00 for a one person pick up plus tip.

Anyone know of any less expensive options for people who don't drive?
Old 01-21-2009, 10:19 AM
Sage

Just noticed today in the online Sun that the Villages shuttle has been reduced to $35 per person. They have also expanded the hours. Probably a better deal for a single now. I still don't think it works for those early flights.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:27 PM

It's refreshing to see the reduction in price when gas prices go down, ie The Village Shuttle. Now I wonder if the car services will do likewise? Eighty-five dollars plus tip seems expensive with the current economic conditions.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:54 PM

Do any of the services run at night. My son is flying in after 10 at night and will need ride to TV.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbettyr View Post
Any body you would encourage us to use for pick-up and take us to MCO, and pick us up upon our return, other than the shuttle
NO - The Villages Airport Transportation service is wonderful and reasonably priced $35/each way. Their number: 241-2000. Other services make you pick up your luggage and put it in the vehicle. That's how I got a shoulder injury 5 years ago - never again!!
Hope this helps - Mallory Voice
Old 08-21-2013, 12:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,381 Times in 2,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallory Voice View Post
NO - The Villages Airport Transportation service is wonderful and reasonably priced $35/each way. Their number: 241-2000. Other services make you pick up your luggage and put it in the vehicle. That's how I got a shoulder injury 5 years ago - never again!!
Hope this helps - Mallory Voice
Hope they got their answer before this, OP was dated Jan 2009!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.