Transportation to Port of Miami

Closed Thread
Old 12-31-2022, 08:28 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,306 Times in 564 Posts

Lots of Good recommendations here.,.. hopefully this will put the Adult Cruisers at ease! How in the world do some people make it this far in life?
Old 12-31-2022, 08:34 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,077 Times in 433 Posts

Just drive yourself. There is a parking terminal right there at the cruise port, and a quick walk from there.
Old 12-31-2022, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedFoot78 View Post
What happens if the ship hits an iceberg leaving Miami? Maybe you should reconsider going on trip.
Exactly! Or if you're attacked by flying monkeys along the way? Yeah best not to go.
Old 12-31-2022, 09:18 AM
Angry Global Warming

Quote:
What happens if the ship hits an iceberg leaving Miami? Maybe you should reconsider going on trip.
It's unlikely that would occur since global warming. Ask friends in Buffalo, NY how global warmings have affected them.
Old 12-31-2022, 09:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Parking off the cruise port with shuttle is about 1/2 the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMo50 View Post
Just drive yourself. There is a parking terminal right there at the cruise port, and a quick walk from there.
Old 12-31-2022, 09:40 AM
Default Amtrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenrule480 View Post
Does anybody know the best way or alternatives to get from TV to the port of Miami for a cruise? There are three of us, and I certainly can drive, but was looking for alternatives. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
There is a depot in Wildwood where you can bus to the Lakeland Amtrak station and catch a train to Miami. I’m not sure how close that gets you to the port. Might not be the best but would be fun.

You can also drive to Lakeland and skip the bus.
Old 12-31-2022, 09:43 AM

It's an easy drive on the turnpike until you get near Miami then it's "spicy". I think we spent something like 30$ each way on tolls!

Joe
Old 12-31-2022, 10:18 AM
Smile

Quote:
Now that is funny ....
Old 12-31-2022, 10:40 AM

Driving in Miami area like driving in Mexico City, or Buenos Aires,etc. Good luck, plus tolls add up to cost. Same day travel never good idea unless within a couple hours from cruise port. Plus, cost of accessible parking, often booked up early! i
Old 12-31-2022, 10:52 AM

Yankee Trails . They do stops pickup others otherwise relaxing. Take right to ship and pickup. Only problem had two ladies missing and we waited at port until came to bus. Confusing locating bus. Only $90 round trip. Off 441 by Bealls and Lowes located

I'm in the same situation at the OP, leaving on a ship out of Ft. Lauderdale but needing to fly home from a different location.
Now I have never used Yankee Clipper but I did call them, they told me people who book the cruise through them have priority over others who do not book with them (I did not) and that's if anyone needs a bus to Ft. Lauderdale (or Miami) Ports. My cruise does not leave until late May and leaning towards a one way car rental and will see if I can find one at a reasonable price.
Old 12-31-2022, 11:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
What happens if your car breaks down and you miss the ship?
What happens if you're in a car accident and you miss the ship?
The exact same thing would happen if you were to take any form of public transportation…or “for hire” car service….

Last edited by jarodrig; 12-31-2022 at 11:12 AM.
Old 12-31-2022, 11:31 AM

I’ve rented a car one way to go to Orlando airport, pick it up the day before in the villages. At time’s cheaper than the shuttle. Best price is 2 days before trip.
Old 12-31-2022, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina&Bill View Post
Yankee Trails . They do stops pickup others otherwise relaxing. Take right to ship and pickup. Only problem had two ladies missing and we waited at port until came to bus. Confusing locating bus. Only $90 round trip. Off 441 by Bealls and Lowes located

I'm in the same situation at the OP, leaving on a ship out of Ft. Lauderdale but needing to fly home from a different location.
Now I have never used Yankee Clipper but I did call them, they told me people who book the cruise through them have priority over others who do not book with them (I did not) and that's if anyone needs a bus to Ft. Lauderdale (or Miami) Ports. My cruise does not leave until late May and leaning towards a one way car rental and will see if I can find one at a reasonable price.
We have used Yankee Trails, never booked through them, but always room on the bus. We never had a problem. Found the drivers to be excellent and most are long time employees of Yankee Trails and do the summer trips through the Northeast. Its a great alternative to driving oneself.
Old 12-31-2022, 01:35 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,766 Times in 760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Been driving to port Everglades and Miami another 30 miles or so further.

Since I want some leeway in case of auto trouble get there a day early and stay at hotel.

For next trip considering Yankee trails but what happens if bus breaks down on way to port and you miss the ship?
We've never had a problem with Yankee T, but DID have a bus break down one time with another popular Florida cruise bus company. In that case the driver called in (of course) and while it took over 2 and a half hours for another bus to be sent, and for the transfer of all passengers and luggage, we did make it before the 4:30 p.m. sailing time. It would be VERY WISE to check the "transportation" to port aspect of your travel insurance before purchasing it. For instance, does it CLEARLY state payment for ANY reason, even break down of your own automobile on the way to the port ? What about breakdown or delay of public transportation ?
Old 12-31-2022, 01:57 PM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES

yankee trails, rt 95/pp military discount of 10%. we use them all the time

Tags
alternatives, port, miami, transportation, drive

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.