Travel Clubs in the Villages

Closed Thread
Unread 08-21-2023, 08:30 AM
Default Travel Clubs in the Villages

Hello,

I'm trying to find travel groups in the villages. So far the only active club I've found is the "Worldwide Travel Club" that meets at Laurel Manor. I searched the Villages Recreation guide and couldn't find any travel groups. I searched on here and found one other group called the "Traveling Villagers" but the post was from 2018 and I don't believe that group is in existence anymore. Is there really just one travel group in The Villages?

Thanks for our help.

Lisa and Mike
Unread 08-21-2023, 08:44 AM

Not exactly a Villages group, but you could try Workman Tavel & Transportation.
Unread 08-21-2023, 09:03 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UptownBee View Post
Hello,

I'm trying to find travel groups in the villages. So far the only active club I've found is the "Worldwide Travel Club" that meets at Laurel Manor. I searched the Villages Recreation guide and couldn't find any travel groups. I searched on here and found one other group called the "Traveling Villagers" but the post was from 2018 and I don't believe that group is in existence anymore. Is there really just one travel group in The Villages?

Thanks for our help.

Lisa and Mike
Look into 2nd Honeymoon Club.
Unread 08-22-2023, 09:22 AM

The Traveling Villagers died over a year ago. It was hard coming up with people who wanted to present and were capable of giving a good presentation. There were several talks given by vendors but those became sales presentations. While my wife and I travel quite a bit and gave a few presentations, we wanted to hear from other folks giving insights from their experiences. This was further compounded by the fact that the gentleman who ran the club for several years wanted to get out of the position. Given our travel schedule, we were not able to commit to leading the club. So the lack of someone to step up to lead the club and the difficulty getting reasonable presentations lead to its demise.

— Joan Robinson, “Contributions to Modern Economics” (1978)
Unread 08-22-2023, 01:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkingston57 View Post
Look into 2nd Honeymoon Club.
We are on the waiting list for past year and would love to get in but long waiting list and rarely do they offer trips to waitlist folks who would get in if they booked one of their trips.
Unread 08-22-2023, 01:35 PM

Some years ago there was an excellent cruise club. Unfortunately it was closed due (rumor has it) to competition with AAA Travel. I have no idea if that is true, but that was the story then.
Unread 08-22-2023, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UptownBee View Post
Hello,

Thanks for our help.

Lisa and Mike
Have you been to the Worldwide Travel group? I haven't but we are meaning to. It would be interesting to have a travel club that didn't have formal presentations but opened certain topics for discussion and exchange of information, tips etc.
Unread 08-23-2023, 04:44 AM

I am a member of Worldwide and have attended a few meetings. It was interesting, but more a presentation of someone’s experiences with a place than a group to take trips with. I’m all for a travel club to take advantage of volume pricing and traveling with fellow villagers. I have zero interest in the types of trips I see advertised around the villages like a bus trip to Savannah or a cruise to the Bahamas. I would like genuine travel experiences - not tours. I am presently sitting in Rhodes Greece after hiking up to the temple of Athena in Linda’s this morning. This type of real and active travel that many villagers are still capable of. The Villages Active Travel Club. If someone wants to start it, I’m down to help out but not full time yet in The Villages.
Unread 08-23-2023, 05:48 AM

There are Facebook groups.

The Villages travelers
Villagers - travel together

There are others. You might want to search on Facebook.
Unread 08-23-2023, 06:25 AM
Default Travel Groups

I am a travel coordinator for our neighborhood and enjoy putting groups together and getting volume deals from tour/cruise companies. You will find that your will get various benefits for larger groups, i.e. shipboard credits, pre-paid gratuities, bus transport to airport/pier. I have a connection with a large travel agency that will work with me to put any group tour or cruise together. I don't like presentations as it is just a sales pitch for their company.
Unread 08-23-2023, 06:29 AM
Default Cruising Tips & Tricks

There is a new club, Cruising Tips & Tricks. The first meeting is today at 1:00 at Chula Vista. We meet the 4th Wednesday of each month. Come find out more about it! We will talk about cruises, learn a few tips and tricks and spend time with others that love to cruise! Check out our Facebook page The Villages Cruising Tips & Tricks!

Last edited by Cindi.bowen@ymail.com; 08-23-2023 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Left out info
Unread 08-23-2023, 07:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi.bowen@ymail.com View Post
There is a new club, Cruising Tips & Tricks. The first meeting is today at 1:00 at Chula Vista. Come find out more about it! You will talk about cruises, learn a few tips and tricks and spend time with others that love to cruise!
Would have gone but have a prior commitment. Please post how the meeting went and the next time they will meet.
Unread 08-23-2023, 08:17 AM

Hello. I'm a travel advisor for over 40 years living in TV. I work independently from home and put together all kinds of travel. I have done groups but work mostly with individuals. I have a FB travel page called South of 44 Travel Club. My goal is to periodically post specials I see, but mostly to entice the traveler to a product they may not be aware of. A whole lot of people know and travel on the big cruise lines and tour operators, but I like to introduce the small ship cruise lines which I consider more adventurous. Also, there are tour operators out there who travel with smaller groups and are usually more inclusive. Yes, these products are most likely more expensive, but it's what the traveler experiences to decide if it's worth it. I will absolutely book mass market if that is what the client wants but have many travelers that have tried my suggestions and thank me and say they won't travel any other way now.
Unread 08-23-2023, 08:25 AM

4th Wednesday of each month. Also our Facebook is The Villages Cruising Tips & Tricks. Make sure you answer the 3 questions to be approved for the group.
Unread 08-23-2023, 09:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi.bowen@ymail.com View Post
4th Wednesday of each month. Also our Facebook is The Villages Cruising Tips & Tricks. Make sure you answer the 3 questions to be approved for the group.
Just joined that fb page. Thanks for info
Closed Thread

Tags
travel, villages, group, club, searched

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.