Cruise lines

Old 05-28-2024, 05:34 AM
Default Cruise lines

I know everyone has their favorite cruise line as I have but due to my favorite not going to ports I would like to visit I was wondering if anyone has cruised Enchanted Princess. I have never cruised on Princess and would like your opinion. Cruising is nothing like it was years ago I understand that just an overall opinion on this particular ship
Old 05-28-2024, 06:27 AM

We normally cruise on Norwegian but have done a Princess Cruise once. We enjoyed it and it compared favorably with Norwegian. We shopped and just not found another Princess trip that had the destinations or dates we were looking for.
Old 05-28-2024, 08:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,734 Times in 1,555 Posts

Never cruised with Princess: loyal Royal Caribbean customer.

Size matters.
Old 05-28-2024, 09:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Daily Run View Post
I know everyone has their favorite cruise line as I have but due to my favorite not going to ports I would like to visit I was wondering if anyone has cruised Enchanted Princess. I have never cruised on Princess and would like your opinion. Cruising is nothing like it was years ago I understand that just an overall opinion on this particular ship
For most people I should think that the size of the ship is a major consideration. Some prefer >3,000 whereas others like <2,000.

We have cruised Princess once - just after Covid so it was only half full - but usually go with Cunard or Holland America.
Old 05-28-2024, 12:42 PM
Veteran member

We have cruised on the Enchanted right at the end of COVID. It was only half full. It is a beautiful mid size ship. We have cruised on Princess many times and have for the most part been very satisfied, but if you have cruised enough you know every cruise is different, even if you are on the same ship. You can IM me if you want specific info.
Old 05-28-2024, 01:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,293 Times in 5,458 Posts

We were on the Enchanted last Nov for 26 days.

Ship and experience was fine. Ship was at capacity and did not feel overly crowded
Old 05-28-2024, 01:19 PM

I would love to get my wife on a cruise, but she is concerned about being seasick. Can anyone give advice concerning the minimum sized ship to avoid that concern?
Old 05-28-2024, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlebasset View Post
I would love to get my wife on a cruise, but she is concerned about being seasick. Can anyone give advice concerning the minimum sized ship to avoid that concern?
Get a balcony room, preferrable in the middle of the ship. The windows or balcony doors will help as they will let you see the horizon. If you generally have motion sickness, be proactive and bring your medications and take them, don't wait until you start to feel sick.

Unless you are in really rough seas, you really don't get a lot of motion on the newer ships. The only other time I felt the sea is when the captain had to hightail it back to port of a passenger having a medical emergency. That was at the end of the cruise, thankfully.
Old 05-28-2024, 02:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,293 Times in 5,458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpaVader View Post
Get a balcony room, preferrable in the middle of the ship. The windows or balcony doors will help as they will let you see the horizon. If you generally have motion sickness, be proactive and bring your medications and take them, don't wait until you start to feel sick.

Unless you are in really rough seas, you really don't get a lot of motion on the newer ships. The only other time I felt the sea is when the captain had to hightail it back to port of a passenger having a medical emergency. That was at the end of the cruise, thankfully.
Mid ship is correct but a lower deck will have less movement
Old 05-28-2024, 04:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,362 Times in 4,353 Posts

We've cruised, multiple times on Royal Caribbean/Celebrity. Never had a bad experience.

Once on Norwegian, which was fine and once on Carnival, (their original ship, named "Carnival") on our honeymoon, 4sink at the foot of the bed. We had one of only 3 cabins with a double (not queen) bed. The rest were single beds, bolted to the walls... Still, we had a great time, along with the other 30 some odd honeymoon couples on board...

A word of warning... NEVER sail on Costa (an Italian line). They couldn't have screwed up our trip any more if they tried...

Edit to add: I just remembered, we did a Princess cruise for my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary. They wanted to take the entire family. We wound up taking a 5 day cruise (due to my pain in the @ss brother in law, who screwed everything up), on an older ship, that was just "meh". It was small and needed to be refurbished... But the food and service was top notch.

I won't hold that trip against Princess. I've had friends who have gone on 7-10 day Princess cruises who absolutely loved them...

-Tom Petty

Last edited by JMintzer; 05-29-2024 at 02:48 PM.
Old 05-28-2024, 05:11 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,804 Times in 740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
We've cruised, multiple times on Royal Caribbean/Celebrity. Never had a bad experience.

Once on Norwegian, which was fine and once on Carnival, (their original ship) on our honeymoon, 42 years ago...

A word of warning... NEVER sail on Costa (an Italian line). They couldn't have screwed up our trip any more if they tried...

We totally agree about Costa cruise lines. Our trip on the Costa Classica was a total turn-off and we haven't cruised since.

Recommended cruise lines are Holland American and Royal Caribbean.

As far as managing sea sickness, take a half meclizine tablet every day and the dose may be increased if necessary. Read the package for complete instructions but it really works.
Old 05-28-2024, 05:17 PM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook

NCL or Celebrity for us. NCL is cheaper but Celebrity has slightly better food selections.
Old 05-28-2024, 06:46 PM
Smile Won't Cruise on Princess, but I LOVE CELEBRITY!

l LOVE Celebrity!!!
Yes, especially their new ships on the Edge Class
Edge, Beyond, Ascent, Apex, and the Xcel is coming soon!

The stage entertainment is excellent, and the Martini bar is to die for
Excellent food and service! you pay for what you get!
Old 05-29-2024, 05:31 AM
Veteran member

Princess is a very nice cruise line. We only go on the Royal Caribbean ships now because of the flowrider, no other cruise line has them.
The bigger the ship the better. The ships that have 7500 people plus another 2500 staff have been the best ships for entertainment, food, and adult privacy sections.

If you get sick, get in the middle of the ship, it doesn’t matter which floor. The ship moves the same if you are on the 4th floor or on the 18th floor, the floors are not on springs or hydraulics so 1 floor doesn’t move any differently from the floor directly beneath you or directly above you. If you are on the bottom floors, you will see the rushing water and the big splashes of the larger swells, which might trigger sea sickness
Old 05-29-2024, 06:05 AM
Default Avoiding sea sickness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post

As far as managing sea sickness, take a half meclizine tablet every day and the dose may be increased if necessary. Read the package for complete instructions but it really works.
Good advice. If you tend to get motion sickness, start taking the meclizine 3 days before your trip. Take 25-50 mg the first day, then take 12.5 - 25mg thru the trip. Meclizine is an antihistamine so you may be drowsy. Try it before you go on a local trip or flight so you do not ruin your cruise (over the counter as 'Bonine').

Scopolamine patches (an anticholinergic) are also helpful. But you need to get these from your Doctor.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 05-29-2024 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Autocorrect mistake

Tags
cruise, cruised, opinion, princess, favorite

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.