Where to park at Miami port for Celebrity cruise?

Closed Thread
Old 03-20-2023, 02:00 PM
Default Where to park at Miami port for Celebrity cruise?

Looking for recommendation for best place to park for Celebrity cruise at Miami port. Never cruised from there before.

Thanks....
Old 03-20-2023, 02:23 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,776 Times in 3,644 Posts

Parking Ramp across the street from the terminal.
Old 03-20-2023, 02:36 PM
Veteran member

park-n-go
Old 03-20-2023, 04:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Slightly off topic but consider taking the Yankee Trails bus from The Villages to the Miami Cruise Port. $100 per person roundtrip. When you consider parking, tolls on the turnpike, gas, mileage on your car, and the fact that you don't have to drive, it may make sense. They drop you off and pick you up at the cruise terminal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russtcc View Post
Looking for recommendation for best place to park for Celebrity cruise at Miami port. Never cruised from there before.

Thanks....
Old 03-20-2023, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
Slightly off topic but consider taking the Yankee Trails bus from The Villages to the Miami Cruise Port. $100 per person roundtrip. When you consider parking, tolls on the turnpike, gas, mileage on your car, and the fact that you don't have to drive, it may make sense. They drop you off and pick you up at the cruise terminal.
Follow the signs to the port. They are in English and
Spanish,

Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything.

Joseph Stalin
Old 03-21-2023, 03:49 PM
Veteran member

We have driven ourselves and parked at the port, driven ourselves and parked at an off-port parking facility and driven ourselves, stayed overnight at a hotel and left our car there (having to pay extra to do so). We're going to try Yankee Trails this year for a one-way bus ride to the port for a cruise that takes us to England from which we will fly back. Driving ourselves was the most convenient but it's a 5-hour drive that can be tiresome, especially coming home. The parking at the port is certainly convenient but a little pricey and you can't reserve a spot so I suppose it could be full when you get there. I am curious as to how well we'll like a similarly long bus ride. We're also going to try a cruise out of Tampa which is a much easier drive. We took cruises years ago out of Port Canaveral, which is also closer. Too bad neither of those ports have nearly as many cruises to choose from as out of Miami and Fort Lauderdale.
Old 03-22-2023, 06:07 AM

I second the Yankee Trails Cruise Express post. We've used them twice and find it much less hassle that driving to Miami. They've been doing it for years and have the schedules down pat. They pick up in The Villages at 2 locations. We use the 301 and rt. 44 Sunoco station.
Old 03-22-2023, 06:08 AM

We are taking a cruise at end of May. Yankee Trails stops service over the Summer and evidently Summer starts before our cruise. Check their website before you plan on taking Yankee Trails to make sure they are providing their service for your cruise dates.
Old 03-22-2023, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemalloy View Post
I second the Yankee Trails Cruise Express post. We've used them twice and find it much less hassle that driving to Miami. They've been doing it for years and have the schedules down pat. They pick up in The Villages at 2 locations. We use the 301 and rt. 44 Sunoco station.
Just curious where you leave your car if you get the Yankee Trails bus at 301 and 44?
Old 03-22-2023, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
Just used Cruise Express (service offered by Yankee Trials) and I would highly recommend. Likely cheaper than driving as noted. Last day for the season is April 15th (we just booked again) until October.
Old 03-22-2023, 08:00 AM
Default Don’t use Premier Parking

I’ll tell you where NOT to park for a Miami cruise.
We tried Premier Cruise about a month ago, a close by parking garage with shuttle service to the port.
We arrived at 10:45am and waited 45 minutes in line for our turn on the shuttle van . They use vans that accommodate about 10 people as larger busses would not fit into the parking garage. There were 6 cruise ships leaving Miami that day so it can take another 30 minutes to get dropped off, depending on which ship you are on. It took us an hour after arrival to get to our ship.

After the cruise, it was total chaos. Nobody knew where the line was for our van and there was no one from Premier there to organize the crowd. There were people arriving after us trying to cut into the line and it almost got ugly. It was very stressful. The van ran about once a hour and there were 20 people in line. We lucked out and got the last 2 seats on a van so we only had to wait about 90 minutes, but the poor lady behind us the whole time got stuck for another hour.
Old 03-22-2023, 01:02 PM

We are just parking at the cruise terminal next week. We have some stops to make for family on the way back when we return, so taking the Yankee Trails bus doesn’t work for us.
We sometimes stay at a hotel overnight and leave our car and shuttle to and from the port as another poster said, but I was not able to find one close by this time. And the prices of hotels around Miami have skyrocketed.
Old 03-22-2023, 02:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,023 Times in 455 Posts

The Brightline rail station at the Orlando airport (MCO) in terminal C is supposed to open before mid-year. Looks promising. The Fort Lauderdale station is about 3 miles from Port Everglades. The Miami terminal is about 1 mile from PortMiami. A bit over 3 hours from Orlando to Miami.

Video.
Old 03-22-2023, 07:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylormade59 View Post
Just used Cruise Express (service offered by Yankee Trials) and I would highly recommend. Likely cheaper than driving as noted. Last day for the season is April 15th (we just booked again) until October.
I believe Cruise Express books thru the end of April, 2023 as I just looked this up since we are booked for the 22nd of April.
Old 03-23-2023, 04:35 AM

We have reservations for April 23rd.
Closed Thread

Tags
park, miami, port, celebrity, cruise

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.