Will buy your excess EUROs!

Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2008, 09:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Will buy your excess EUROs!

If any one has some excess EURO's, I will buy them at the going spot price. You save a banks commission and fees exchanging them back to dollars..and so do I plus it will give me some local money when I hit the ground.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:23 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via Yahoo to MelZ

Caroline:

American Express gave me a good rate when I bought mine. Ship rate is high and you have a minimum of time to get to a bank.

Also I printed a cheat conversion sheet in $ to euro's and euro's to $, came in very handy.

http://corp.americanexpress.com/gcs/.../currency.aspx
Old 10-17-2008, 02:16 PM

For the immediate benefit for your trip, an f or the longer range overall economy benefit, I hope the USD continues to strengthen. $1.25 Euro in next couple of months and parity shortly afterwards!! ( I have a couple of 5 Euro notes, but won't be in TV until end of month--if you're still interested)
Old 10-17-2008, 02:18 PM

For the immediate benefit for your trip, and for the longer range overall economy benefit, I hope the USD continues to strengthen. $1.25 Euro in next couple of months and parity shortly afterwards!! ( I have a couple of 5Euro notes, but won't be in TV until end of month--if you're still interested)
Old 10-17-2008, 03:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member

MelZ
Thanks for the note.....I am simply looking to take excess EUROs some travellers may have laying around that most likely they will never use in the "near" future, and if they went to a bank it would cost them more to convert them than what it is worth. If I cant fnid any I will simply pick some up at a bank in Barcelona.

Question: ON your recent trip to europe, did you or can you buy EUROs on the ShIp..was it a decent rate??
Old 10-17-2008, 03:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member

WSOX47
I sure am hoping things will change for the better in the next 2 -3 weeks regarding the exchange rate, but we all have to deal with the market rates that exist today. I will be around until Oct 27th..and I would be interested if you are in TV at that time!

Your response is what I really anticipated for I did not expect someone to have 200-300 EUROS sitting around.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via Yahoo to MelZ

Question: ON your recent trip to europe, did you or can you buy EUROs on the ShIp..was it a decent rate??[/QUOTE]

We found the ship exhange rate to be high and either brought the Euros form the USA ot bought them at local banks
Old 10-19-2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post
WSOX47
I sure am hoping things will change for the better in the next 2 -3 weeks regarding the exchange rate, but we all have to deal with the market rates that exist today. I will be around until Oct 27th..and I would be interested if you are in TV at that time!

Your response is what I really anticipated for I did not expect someone to have 200-300 EUROS sitting around.
We may be "ships in the night" Depending on traffic, (and if we actually depart next Sunday) etc, we may arrive sometime on the 27th, or 28th. If so, I'll try to contact you

Have a great trip!!! (You may want to take a Capital One Credit Card w/you. My understanding is that they're one of the Best to use overseas as they don't add on extra fees. I'll soon know this as my bill should be arriving for a recent trip. Also, you need to notify your Credit Card carrier if you plan to use card overseas.)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.