Are your travel plans changing??

Closed Thread
Old 07-17-2008, 07:37 PM
Platinum member
Default Re: Are your travel plans changing??

bright:

Actually, no, I didn't buy any fudge! I'm trying desparately to avoid such goodies. On the other hand, my daughter bought a five-sample package the very morning we left. I think she'd really rather have bought several pounds of her acknowledged favorite cherry fudge, but she occasionally shows some practical sense!!!!!!!

I love the island. I particularly like the smells that assail one's senses when getting of the boat! Fudge and horse-do! Memorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D

SWR
Old 07-17-2008, 08:18 PM
Gold member

golfpro, we will continue our adventures. I think it is in the blood.

I always love knowing where people are travelling to - might be a place where we haven't gone to and then it becomes a place we will want to visit.

HB
Old 07-17-2008, 08:44 PM
Platinum member

Actually, we've been traveling MORE this year.
The reason is that with all the mergers and bankruptcies of the airlines these days, we thought we'd better use up our accumulation of frequent flyer miles while we still can. We have a LOT of frequent flyer miles, but they're going quickly. While we were online picking the seats for our next trip the "price" jumped from 25,000 miles to 45,000 for the same seat -- WHILE we were at the airline's website! I used to go to Paris first class for 45,000 miles.... Ah the good old days.
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 07-17-2008, 09:30 PM
Gold member

uujudy, We are also trying to use up our ff miles.

While I was making travel arrangements recently using ff miles, there were no seats available in the least expensive category. We had to use double ff miles to get the flight we wanted. Still in coach, but under the category AnyTime Awards.

HB
Old 07-20-2008, 05:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I used my UA miles for the European Cruise we are doing in November....and glad we did. With all the Airline cutbacks there will definitely be less seats available for the FF category in the future!
Old 07-20-2008, 05:13 PM

American is doing the same with the seats, the only ones available are the Any time any date which are double the miles required for first or coach. You can not get a ticket JFK/MIA unles you use the any date any time, unless you want to go JFK/SJU/MIA and spent 12 hours. They definetely have a problem with the billions of miles accumulated, and we will be left hanging to nothing if they go bankrupt.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:44 PM
Gold member

That's a good reason to use up the American Airlines miles. I am lifetime elite on AA (1,000,000+ miles), but last year they walked away from our local airport, which makes it very difficult for us to use them. We're doing Hawaii next month, but it'll involve traveling to a more distant airport. Not the worst thing, but certainly inconvenient. I'd love to bury my head in the sand and pretend that nothing is changing and therefore I don't have to either, or my travel plans, but I can't bring myself to be that unrealistic; as you, efrahin, point out, if they go belly up we lose all those miles....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.