Veterinarian Price Increases

Old 01-30-2024, 03:27 PM
Location: 1711 Pebble Beach Ln, Country Club Hills, Lady Lake
Default I am so very sorry for your loss!!

I am just so, so very sorry for your loss of your precious, Morgan!!! I have bawled and bawled when I have had to put my pets down due to illnesses. It is so hard. They do become part of our families. Take care!!!! Sending hugs your way!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabacon6669 View Post
Most difficult to discuss at this time, as we just put down our 9 year old golden just two days ago, But feel my opinion and current costs are very relevant to this discussion,
She had some arthritis in an elbow but otherwise seemed healthy. Was at a vet up north just three months ago for annual check. All was good. The day before we put her dow, she wouldn't eat, wouldn't get up, etc. next day we got an appointment at Paws Animal Hospital. Actually called us back and got us in sooner. Dr Johnson was the Vet. Very nice, caring, and informative. We feared the worse, having been thru this with several other Goldens over the years. Our other golden was with us and she allowed us to bring her in so they could be together. Long story, short was she had a mass on her spleen which ruptured, causing it to bleed. common with Goldens. She could do a red blood cell count to see if surgery was allowable $40. Surgery was approx. $2500, removing the mass and spleen. But only if it had not spread to the liver. A liver scan was $450. Which in past experiences it already had. We decided with a heavy heart and tears raining that she would be best served to letting her go. If, was a very hard decision. Here I am crying again. But, both my wife and I agreed.
Dr Johnson and her staff were excellent, Our Morgan drifted off without pain or discomfort.
So, we did not have all the costs listed above. But, that was not the reason for our decision. Stress, quality of life and age all factored in. Tuff, Tuff day. I'm sure many of you have been thru it.
So, here is our final bill, Level 3 exam - $59. 2 views digital radiographs of abdomen - $159, Euthanasia - $179, Cremation 51-85 lbs. w/ returned ashes. $296. Total $693.00.
I've been thru this before. It's difficult, my wife and I had had previous talks on what we would do, if this occurred again, making a cleared and conscious decision. And, not making a wrong decision while under stressful and upsetting conditions at the Vets.
They were excellent, and I'm comfortable with the Invoice. Hope this helps.
Old 01-30-2024, 07:54 PM

Agree! Overpriced and they traumatized my dog.

Tags
prices, vaccine, vet, today, hospital

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.