Any Smokers Out There (Grilling Smokers, that is)?

Closed Thread
Old 11-30-2013, 06:02 PM
Default Any Smokers Out There (Grilling Smokers, that is)?

I recently purchased a smoker grill that uses wood pellets for fuel. I've done the obligatory ribs so far and smoked a turkey for Thanksgiving. Tomorrow, I'm attempting a pork loin that's marinating in apple juice. So far, so good, but I'm still a novice. I'm hoping there are some master grillers in TV that I can learn from.

I told my kids that when I move to Florida next spring, I'm taking some clothes with me, some family mementos, my golf clubs, and my grill. The rest will have to wait until I get there.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:00 AM
Veteran member

Beef Brisket is good.

Low and Slow! To do it right, it is a time consuming.

Check the BBQ Pit Boys series of shows on youtube.

BarbecueWeb - YouTube
Old 12-01-2013, 12:15 PM

My husband does a lot of smoking. The type wood you use is important too. I like Pecan and Hickory when he smokes ribs. My favorite are ABT's (Atomic Buffalo Turds), look it up, you will love them. He also throws a whole Jimmy Dean sausage roll on there, sometimes stuffed. These are great for sandwiches or snacks.....and they freeze well. Good luck!
Old 12-01-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfhills View Post
My husband does a lot of smoking. The type wood you use is important too. I like Pecan and Hickory when he smokes ribs. My favorite are ABT's (Atomic Buffalo Turds), look it up, you will love them. He also throws a whole Jimmy Dean sausage roll on there, sometimes stuffed. These are great for sandwiches or snacks.....and they freeze well. Good luck!
ABT's sound great - I can't wait to try them. Sounds like your husband is up to trying everything - I guess that's the best way to learn.

I recently found a recipe for smoked shrimp with cream cheese filling and wrapped in bacon. I haven't tried that yet either but that's next on my list.

I'm having my kids over tonight for a smoked pork loin - they're my best guinea pigs and best critics as well.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourneyOfLife View Post
Beef Brisket is good.

Low and Slow! To do it right, it is a time consuming.

Check the BBQ Pit Boys series of shows on youtube.

BarbecueWeb - YouTube
Thanks for the tip - I just subscribed to the BBQ Pit Boys youtube channel.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.