Anyone have a good pizza crust recipe?

Closed Thread
Old 09-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Default Anyone have a good pizza crust recipe?

Also woud like a good pizza sauce. I am pizza making challenged.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arubagirl2000 View Post
Also woud like a good pizza sauce. I am pizza making challenged.
I have a great recipe! It's called Publix. In the dessert area cool section by the cakes in the bakery they sell homeade pizza dough. It cost about $2.00.
Take the dough out of the bag and let it warm up a bit. I put a little olive oil on the pan and smear it around to make the crust tastier. The trick is stretching the dough to the right size, but you'll get the hang of it.
It is very good. I buy Boar's head pepperoni and fresh mushrooms, pizza quick sauce in a jar (in the spaghetti sauce area) and shredded mozzarella cheese. 425 degrees for about 13 minutes and it is great pizza. Watch it depending on your oven.

The more pizzas you make, the cheaper it is.

Last edited by jnieman; 09-01-2012 at 12:29 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 09-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
I have a great recipe! It's called Publix. In the dessert area cool section by the cakes in the bakery they sell homeade pizza dough. It cost about $2.00.
Take the dough out of the bag and let it warm up a bit. I put a little olive oil on the pan and smear it around to make the crust tastier. The trick is stretching the dough to the right size, but you'll get the hang of it.
It is very good. I buy Boar's head pepperoni and fresh mushrooms, pizza quick sauce in a jar (in the spaghetti sauce area) and shredded mozzarella cheese. 425 degrees for about 13 minutes and it is great pizza. Watch it depending on your oven.

The more pizzas you make, the cheaper it is.
What you've described is exactly how my mother used to make it. It was the best! I liked watching as the dough would shrink back while she kept stretching it!
The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 09-01-2012, 01:07 PM

Yep got one for the breadmaker 2.5 cups of flour, 1 cup of water, 1 package of yeast, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp sugar, 2 Tablespoon olive oil. You can add more flour or water till it balls correctly.

The original recipe had the olive oil in the with the breadmix but I put it in a bowl and mix it into the dough by hand. The grease the pan lightly with crisco and spread it out. Makes a large pizza. I normally spread..let it rise...and spread it again..giving it a chance to rerise again. I normally cook the topped pizza for about 18 minutes at 420. Your oven may vary on bake time.

You can probably find this recipe on line, cause I got it off here years ago when our boxed breadmaker dough disappeared from the stores
Old 09-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

yep trader joes...whole wheat...white...garlic...great for grill or oven oh yea no TJs there sorry
Old 09-01-2012, 05:18 PM
Veteran member

Another vote for Publix. Use it all the time. And, just saw that Wal-Mart sells fresh pizza dough in the deli section, too. Haven't tried it, yet. Much easier than trying to make it!
Old 09-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Location: Brooklyn, NY Queens, NY Village of Summerhill, Village of Santiago

One more vote for Publix pizza dough.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.