Best Meal Ever in TV

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2017, 05:04 PM

Still go to Costco for steak. Find it much better than Sam's
Old 10-16-2017, 08:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

I use Sous Vide to Cook our steaks to a perfect rare. Then sear her both sides in an extremely hot pan to bring it to mid rare. It comes extremely close to any steak from Flemings or Ruths. I saw the prawns, but passed them up because they were farm raised. Thanks CB I’ll try them next time
Old 10-17-2017, 02:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

WHAT IS WRONG WITH TALAPIA please?
Old 10-17-2017, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
WHAT IS WRONG WITH TALAPIA please?
Maybe nothing................

The Truth About Tilapia | Berkeley Wellness
Old 10-17-2017, 08:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromct View Post
Maybe nothing................

The Truth About Tilapia | Berkeley Wellness
Thank you for this link. It is excellent. I had stopped buying Talapia because of a vague fear that it might not be good for us. This made it clear it is fine and it is not as expensive as other fish and it isn't "fishy".

I love this forum. I will take this link to Facebook. More people should know this.

I will buy some Talapia. Spread Hellmann's Mayonnaise on it, and sprinkle it with garlic salt and pepper, bake a potato and toss a salad and that will be dinner.

THANK you.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:41 AM
Sage

The article about TILAPIA--omits the most import fact about TILAPIA--its sky high in OMEGA 6 and thats what will slam your arteries shut- look at the source of any article and don't base your conclusion based on just one article

I was told about TILAPIA by a close friend of mine who used to run the fish dept @ Dean & DeLuca's, NYC--he's a real fish expert
Old 10-17-2017, 11:43 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Thank you for this link. It is excellent. I had stopped buying Talapia because of a vague fear that it might not be good for us. This made it clear it is fine and it is not as expensive as other fish and it isn't "fishy".

I love this forum. I will take this link to Facebook. More people should know this.

I will buy some Talapia. Spread Hellmann's Mayonnaise on it, and sprinkle it with garlic salt and pepper, bake a potato and toss a salad and that will be dinner.

THANK you.
Gracie, dear, when would you like me to come over?
Old 10-17-2017, 02:24 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
The article about TILAPIA--omits the most import fact about TILAPIA--its sky high in OMEGA 6 and thats what will slam your arteries shut- look at the source of any article and don't base your conclusion based on just one article

I was told about TILAPIA by a close friend of mine who used to run the fish dept @ Dean & DeLuca's, NYC--he's a real fish expert
It is saturated fats and trans fats that slam your arteries. The Omega 6 is Linoleic acid a polyunsaturated fat. Omega 6 means the last double bond is 6 carbons from the methyl end of the fatty acid and Linoleic contains 2 double bonds thus a polyunsaturated fat. Linoleic is an essential fatty acid that needs to come from your diet since it can not make it.

I have never seen any research that says polyunsaturated fat will clog your arteries.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:46 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,776 Times in 3,644 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatbrat View Post
just rubbed the steak with olive oil, black pepper and garlic powder--got the grill which uses lump charcoal to 650--seared the steaks on both sides then lowered the temp to 450--removed the steaks when internal temp was 120-tented them for 10 minutes-- while the steaks were under the tent -thats when i did the prawns

very important get the steaks to room temp before grilling--i have a remote reading probe that alerts me to desired temp
roger that!!!
Old 10-17-2017, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
It is saturated fats and trans fats that slam your arteries. The Omega 6 is Linoleic acid a polyunsaturated fat. Omega 6 means the last double bond is 6 carbons from the methyl end of the fatty acid and Linoleic contains 2 double bonds thus a polyunsaturated fat. Linoleic is an essential fatty acid that needs to come from your diet since it can not make it.

I have never seen any research that says polyunsaturated fat will clog your arteries.
Is the fact that they are farm raised in Asia, and fed toxic garbage. That's the problem. Yuk!
Closed Thread

Tags
selling, prawns, steaks, meal, abc

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.