Christmas cookies?

Closed Thread
Old 11-25-2008, 08:06 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
And for those of us who don't cook or bake, what is the name of the best bakery in TV?

Barefoot, I hear you. I am not good at either one of those things. Sometimes I try. But I am not, by any means, suggesting that.

I know of a church ladies' group that has a fundraiser with homemade cookies. These ladies (who all know their way around a kitchen) bake dozens and dozens of their personal best cookie recipe.

Then they all get together and make up beautiful trays of homemade cookies to sell. There are other women who cannot wait to buy those beautiful trays of homemade cookies so that they can take them to the office or to a party and pretend that they made them themselves.

Two things to be careful about with this:

1. Make sure to remember that it is best to imply rather than claim that you made the cookies. At least until you see the lay of the land, in case some other woman shows up with the same thing.

2. And put the cookies into the trunk so you do not wolf them all down in transit.

btw, I guess I need to say here that this church is in Ohio. But maybe somebody in TV does this, too.

And I am not even sure that these ladies still do this fundraiser. I think it was such a huge success that they had to turn women away who wanted to buy those trays of cookies. And we all know that hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. -- or is it "a woman's scorn."? Not sure. (And here I am, sitting here this morning, drinking coffee, and digressing all over the place, when I could at least be trying to bake some cookies. Oh, well)

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 11-25-2008 at 08:11 AM.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:27 PM
Sage

Boomer, if I see a neighborhood cookie sale, I'll be sure to attend. Such a good idea to pass the hard work of others off as my own!

And then I'll put the cookies on my own plates and mess them around a bit so they look disheveled. And then I'll eat a few just to make sure they're acceptable quality. And then I'll just eat a few more to make sure I don't have too many. And then .... I'll gain 10 lbs! And have no cookies left.

Oh, now I remember why I don't bake Christmas cookies.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:51 PM

When living in Illinois there were a few churches that would have an annual Christmas Cookie sale. Periodically I would go and buy some cookies. One Christmas, my husband and 2 adult daughters decided to have a cookie 'cook off'. Our 'teams' consisted of Dad/Daughter and Mom/Daughter. My husband LOVES to cook and bake.....I, on the other hand, would prefer not too. So the date was set for the cook off. Each team went to a different houses to bake, and cookies were to be brought out on Christmas Eve. A couple of weeks prior to the cook-off the daughter that was on my team (she doesn't like to bake either) and I went to the churches cookie sale. We bought a few dozen of 3 different cookies, that we thought we could have made. On the cook-off morning we had fun just hanging out...when we were to be baking. Christmas eve, all cookies were brought out. Our church bought cookies looked so nice on the 'familiar' family Christmas plate. The rest of the family members were amazed that the non-bakers of the family had baked some cookies that were really good!....Of course, it wasn't long that we couldn't keep the secret . It was great fun 'baking' for everyone and bringing a good laugh to all.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.