A good blender??

Closed Thread
Old 07-17-2012, 08:36 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Vitamix and Blendtec are the best "top of the line" blenders for frozen smoothies. Either will handle frozen fruit, whole fruits, nuts and greens if you decide to add them, with ease.

I considered both and purchased the Blendtec, which I love. www.blendtec.com. My main reason for choosing that one is that it will fit under a kitchen counter, whereas the Vitamix will not. The Blendtec has more horsepower and a blade design that does not require a tamper. It works fabulously.

Here is a good link comparing the two: The Best Blender Comparison: Vitamix vs Blendtec | Incredible Smoothies

If you're a smoothie junkie like me, and feel you can justify the cost, you will definitely not go wrong with either of these blenders.

Okay, so I admit I am a smoothie and a Vitamix junkie. I got mine on QVC when it was a TSV. Not only was it cheaper that day but this model fits under the kitchen counter. I leave mine out because I use it every day.

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned about the Vitamix is that it removes all the seeds. That is big health issue for some people. I would think the Blendtec might do this too since it sounds like it is also a very powerful blender.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.