Guy meal

Closed Thread
Old 08-16-2011, 07:05 PM
Default Guy meal

Thought I would post what I call a guy meal. My mom made this, and I loved it, I made it for friends and they love it, and I call it a guy meal because it is quick and good and requires one pan to make the whole thing.

You need about 6 pieces of chicken,( i prefer chicken thighs) 1, 15 ounce can of tomatoe sauce, 1/2 white onion chopped, salt and pepper to taste, about 2 cloves garlic.

add a little bit of oil to the pan and brown the onion, then lower the heat to a simmer. Add chicken, the tomatoe sauce, the garlic, salt and pepper, and cover. Cook for 1/2 hour, then turn chick pieces over and cook for 1/2 hour more, and your done.

I make real rice, and put the sauce from the chicken over the rice, everyone really loves it. let me know what you think.

Last edited by Brewster; 08-16-2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
Thought I would post what I call a guy meal. My mom made this, and I loved it, I made it for friends and they love it, and I call it a guy meal because it is quick and good and requires one pan to make the whole thing.

You need about 6 pieces of chicken,( i prefer chicken thighs) 1, 15 ounce can of tomatoe sauce, 1/2 white onion chopped, salt and pepper to taste, about 2 cloves garlic.

add a little bit of oil to the pan and brown the onion, then lower the heat to a simmer. add the tomatoe sauce, the garlic, salt and pepper, and cover. Cook for 1/2 hour, then turn chick pieces over and cook for 1/2 hour more, and your done.

I make real rice, and put the sauce from the chicken over the rice, everyone really loves it. let me know what you think.
I think that'll work! Sometimes it's the simple things that are best.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laryb View Post
I think that'll work! Sometimes it's the simple things that are best.
Sometimes I add skinless thighs and after sauteing them, I do the onions. Peppers are also great additon. One pot wonder
Old 08-16-2011, 07:34 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

We have a family recipe similar, except that after the chicken is cook with that yummy tomato sauce, remove the chicken from the pot and cook the rice in the sauce left in the pan. If not enough liquid for rice, add to sauce as much needed chicken broth to cook the rice. We simply call it "chicken with rice." Sooooo good.

barb

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.