Helpful Hint

Closed Thread
Old 11-26-2013, 12:07 PM
Sage
Default Helpful Hint

I don't know if I picked the right heading but with Thanksgiving almost here, I thought it might be helpful to some people. I am not a cook, and don't make any claims in saying, that I have any expertise in this area.

Here goes.
1. You can store bagels in the freezer. Take them out, and put in the microwave with a cup of water, and defrost for two minutes. This allows for the bagel and to be soft enough to be cut as the moisture form the water goes into the bagel. Put the bagel in for another two minutes on defrost, and the bagel comes out just like it was baked. Apply your favorite spread and enjoy.
2. You can also use the cup of water trick, for leftover pasta, or anything else that will taste better with moisture.

My son works in the hotel industry and when I mention this trick to him, he said, "4 and 5 star hotel have been doing this for years". I learned this trick from a friend of mine's wife as she told me about it.

BTW - She was not a great cook. but a wonderful person. Thank you Janie, as she is now in heaven.

I thought this might be fun for all you talented people, to chime in!!!!!

BTW - All suggestions are welcomed by this person, who is not a cook. I do the wave on almost everything.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.