Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2018, 11:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by keesdzz76@gmail.com View Post
Award winning riecipe to cook tilapia
coat with mayonase, put tilapia on a pine board, bake in the oven at 350 for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, take fishoff of the board, throw the fish away and eat the board.
No matter that some on this Forum do not eat Talapia, according to statistics it is the fourth most consumed fish in the U.S., behind, Shrimp, Salmon and canned Tuna.

See here;

Overview of the U.S. Seafood Supply | Seafood Health Facts
Old 04-27-2018, 11:12 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
No matter that some on this Forum do not eat Talapia, according to statistics it is the fourth most consumed fish in the U.S., behind, Shrimp, Salmon and canned Tuna.

See here;

Overview of the U.S. Seafood Supply | Seafood Health Facts
That's because tilapia is a cheap source of protein available almost anywhere year round. That does not mean it is healthful which it obviously is not.

Personally I try to stick to wild salmon rather than farmed salmon because the farmed salmon has almost six times the omega 6 and three times the saturated fat of wild salmon. Wild vs Farmed Salmon — Can Some Fish Be Bad for You?

Now I dearly love fresh tuna, especially raw in sushi and sashimi, but I also enjoy canned tuna in a tuna salad. Unfortunately, I prefer the Albacore (white) tuna in water to light chunk tuna which tastes too fish-oily to me. On the downside the Albacore contains more mercury as it comes from larger fish. The thought of mercury poisoning from eating a lot of tuna or other mercury containing fish might be troubling, especially for children, but most adults can eat a few cans of canned tuna a week if they so choose. Is It Safe to Eat Tuna Fish Every Day?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 04-27-2018 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

In our house our most consumed fish is canned salmon cooked into salmon patties.*

1 can pink wild Alaska salmon drained.
2 Tablespoons sweet onion diced fine.
1 egg
1/2 sleeve Ritz crackers crushed. Mix together and form into three patties.

Fry in small amount of oil until brown, turn the heat down and cook for five more minutes on each side and serve with catsup. We have a starch and a green vegetable too and a salad.

I think we love this because it was a childhood favorite in Ohio when we were growing up. People who lived close to the ocean probably don't eat this. It is yummy.

We have salmon patties probably about once every three weeks*. Talapia,about once every two months, Fresh salmon, about every three months. We eat a lot of chicken, and not as much beef and pork. We eat a large amount and variety of vegetables and fruits, fresh and frozen and canned. Rarely have steak or even grill our burgers.

I love shellfish but I am very allergic to it. So because I am the cook, the others are missing out on it too.

Last edited by graciegirl; 04-27-2018 at 12:38 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
tilapia, prepare, lemon, wine, chicken

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.