pork tenderloin sandwich

Closed Thread
Old 06-24-2012, 12:10 PM
Default pork tenderloin sandwich

Hi
Moved to tv and was wondering if anyone knows where we can get a deep fried pork tenderlion sandwitch thats made in house not bought frozen
Old 06-24-2012, 01:27 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim2518 View Post
Hi
Moved to tv and was wondering if anyone knows where we can get a deep fried pork tenderlion sandwitch thats made in house not bought frozen
I can't answer that question, but my wife makes a GREAT tenderloin sandwich. She buys pork loin, pounds it out till it is about five or six inches in diamenter, coats it in egg and cracker crumbs, and fries it. I have lived in Missouri for most of my life and many of the resturaunts, and grills in this area specialize in tenderloins, but none are better than Miss Lila's.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:06 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
I can't answer that question, but my wife makes a GREAT tenderloin sandwich. She buys pork loin, pounds it out till it is about five or six inches in diamenter, coats it in egg and cracker crumbs, and fries it. I have lived in Missouri for most of my life and many of the resturaunts, and grills in this area specialize in tenderloins, but none are better than Miss Lila's.
When's lunch...I'll have my with fries and cole slaw and a brewski
Old 06-24-2012, 02:59 PM
Veteran member

SOMETIMES, there is a vendor at the special events on the squares, such as Octoberfest, Italianfest, St Pat's, etc, that has had 'fried pork tenderloin' sandwichs. I have had it and it was good. Once I thought it ws from a booth sponcered by the Lopez CC. However I don't remember seeing such a sandwich on the menu at Lopez but it might be worth a look.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 06-24-2012, 03:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
When's lunch...I'll have my with fries and cole slaw and a brewski
PM me in February or March and we can make that happen Rubi!
Old 06-24-2012, 03:21 PM
Gold member

Having grown up in Iowa I can appreciate a good pork tenderloin sandwich. They are hard to find these days unless you live in the midwest or happen to know of a place. The same with Maid-Rite's.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:27 PM
Location: East Alton, IL (near St. Louis, Mo), Duval, St. James and hopefully lastly Collier
Default Pork tenderloin

I too am from the Midwest and LOVE a good pork fritter sandwich. The best I have found around here is at Harbor Hills golf and country club. A little off the beaten path but definitely worth the drive for the sandwich and the view of Lake Griffin is an added plus. It's a real treat to go out there and get one! A couple of other things I miss from the Midwest is toasted ravioli and pasta con broccoli. Neither of those items seem to be found around here....
Old 06-24-2012, 03:39 PM
Sage
Default Eat Maid-Rite Eats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKat1 View Post
Having grown up in Iowa I can appreciate a good pork tenderloin sandwich. They are hard to find these days unless you live in the midwest or happen to know of a place. The same with Maid-Rite's.
We have several in the Kansas City area. MMMMM loose meat with onions!!!!
Old 06-24-2012, 03:46 PM
Eternal Member

I love a pork tenderloin sandwich but mine was never deep fried. Just thin sliced with a little French's mustard on a roll.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:47 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxmt54 View Post
I too am from the Midwest and LOVE a good pork fritter sandwich. The best I have found around here is at Harbor Hills golf and country club. A little off the beaten path but definitely worth the drive for the sandwich and the view of Lake Griffin is an added plus. It's a real treat to go out there and get one! A couple of other things I miss from the Midwest is toasted ravioli and pasta con broccoli. Neither of those items seem to be found around here....
We hope to come down to TV for the month of Oct or Nov. I will save this Harbor Hills info and we'll give it a try. Thanks.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
We have several in the Kansas City area. MMMMM loose meat with onions!!!!
Sometimes when we travel we'll look for Maid Rite shops but in many areas they are hard to find. We had a good one and malts recently in Rolla, Mo.

Sorry to hijack the tenderloin thread.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKat1 View Post
We've had them in the Amana Colonies Iowa on several occasions......
unless it was veal.........very similar.

Also, love those Maid-Rites. You can google them online and find a good recipe to make at home. So simple yet good.

Either pork or veal can be pounded out thin......then dredged in flour, dipped in beaten egg, dipped in Progresso breadcrumbs and sauteed in olive oil or canola oil........whatever you prefer.

You can also turn the sauteed breaded veal cutlets into veal parmesan with marinara sauce and cheese; bake till mozarella is bubbly.

I've relocated from the restricted healthfood diet posts to this one as it sounded yummier than the seeds and nuts..........plus my grandmother's family all lived to 95 and 90sh eating whatever they wanted.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:04 PM
Sage

We just had friends visit us this past week and they also love pork tenderloin sandwiches. They stopped into McCall's Tavern in Spanish Springs and they had it on their menu. They all really enjoyed it!
Old 06-24-2012, 09:40 PM
Gold member

I like the Breaded Tenderloin at Harbor Hills Country Club downstairs in the grill. I go out there about once a month for my breaded Tenderloin fix. Be sure and check out the view from the back over the lake it is great!
Old 06-24-2012, 11:34 PM
KittyKat
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
We just had friends visit us this past week and they also love pork tenderloin sandwiches. They stopped into McCall's Tavern in Spanish Springs and they had it on their menu. They all really enjoyed it!
My brother loves their's too. He always eats two. I thought they had a great hamburger. Now I'm getting hungry.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.