Original Recipes

Closed Thread
Old 08-09-2010, 04:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike42 View Post
Chop the fruits in a food processor to blend. (If they are very dry, soak them I've been making up "healthful' recipes for several years, writing cookbooks and teaching people who need to make drastic changes to their diet (diabetics, recovering heart attack patients and so forth). More than 200 of my recipes are posted at http://www.drmirkin.com/recipes/recipeListType.html
Diana
THANK YOU for sharing this wonderful website, and recipes. The guidelines listed are exactly how I try to eat everyday: select seafood, no meat, no chicken, no dairy, lots of veggies, some fruits, whole grains. These recipes will give me lots of new ideas! Thanks again.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:03 AM
Veteran member

Cranberry orange scones

2 cups flour
2 tbls sugar
1 tbl baking powder
6 tbls butter
1/3 cup cranberries
1/2 cup orange juice
1 beaten egg
may also add orange zest and/or 1/2 tsp. Orange extract

mix flour, sugar and baking powder, cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in cranberries. Add egg and oj. Mix together, knead on floured board about 12 times. Split in half. Shape each half into a ball. Pat into about a 6 inch circle. Cut each circle into 8 wedges. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 425 for 9 minutes.
If you want, mix confectioner's sugar with oj and drizzle on top of cooled scones.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,924 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
THANK YOU for sharing this wonderful website, and recipes. The guidelines listed are exactly how I try to eat everyday: select seafood, no meat, no chicken, no dairy, lots of veggies, some fruits, whole grains. These recipes will give me lots of new ideas! Thanks again.
http://www.drmirkin.com/recipes/recipeListType.html

Aha. Not only is this an excellent source for healthy recipes, but I really suspect that the Mirkins must be the folks pictured on The Villages site on their bike!

Impressive curriculum vitae too.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,924 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Old 08-10-2010, 08:43 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Gracie, I never seen you speechless.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.