Sugar-Free Cream Cheese Pie

Closed Thread
Old 06-14-2008, 02:53 PM
Eternal Member
Default Sugar-Free Cream Cheese Pie

I have a basic recipe that I use for my sugar-free cream cheese pies. If you want more sugar-free, use the store made premade crusts (or make your own). If you don't care about sugar-free (lucky you) use a regular instant pudding mix.

Basic pie:

Ingredients:

1 Keebler Graham Cracker Crust
1 pkg (4 serving size) instant sugar-free pudding - you pick the flavor.
1 4 oz package of cream cheese - you pick the brand (low-fat, regular, etc). I use Publix.
2 cups thawed Cool-Whip Lite whipped topping. I use Publix.
1 1/2 cups milk

1. Prepare the pie crust (take off the plastic top and remove the label).
2. Put the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth. (See note 1)
3. Add the Cool Whip and beat until smooth.
4. Add the milk to the pudding mix and beat until thick. (See note 2)
5. Pour the thickened pudding mix into the cream cheese mixture and blend until combined.
6. Pour the mixture into the pie shell
7. Put the plastic cover on and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
8. Put dollops of Cool Whip on the individual slices and serve.

Note 1: Put the cream cheese on the counter and let it get soft so that you don't have a chunky cream cheese mixture when you beat it.

Note 2: I use a salad dressing shaker to make the pudding. It is easier and less messy than a beater. It only takes about 2 minutes of shaking.

Variations. This is the best part. Once you have the basic pie, the options are endless!! Come up with your own!!

Chocolate Strawberry Pie. Use chocolate instant sugar-free pudding. Mince some fresh strawberries and add it to mixture during step 5. Decorate the top of the pie slices with Cool Whip and strawberry slices before serving.

Grasshopper Pie. Use Pistachio instant sugar-free pudding. Add 1/2 tsp of peppermint extract after you get the pudding mix thick and shake 15 seconds more. Do not add the extract at the beginning as it takes the pudding longer to get thick. I use the Keebler Chocolate crust with this one.

Oreo Cookie Pie. Use white chocolate instant sugar-free pudding. Crush four sugar-free Murray's chocolate cream sandwich cookies in a plastic bag. Add the crushed cookies to the mixture during step 5. I use the Keebler Chocolate crust with this one. If you are not on a sugar-free diet, use Oreos.

Banana Cream Pie. Use Banana Cream instant sugar-free pudding. Spread sliced bananas on the bottom of the pie shell. Add 1/2 tsp of rum extract (or not) after you get the pudding mix thick and shake 15 seconds more. Do not add the extract at the beginning as it takes the pudding longer to get thick. If you cannot find Banana Cream pudding, use vanilla and add 1/2 tsp of banana extract along with the rum extract after you get the pudding thick.

Hint: If you want to add food coloring to make a special pie, use white chocolate pudding mix. It does not change the color. For example, for Valentine's Day, I surprised my bride with a red strawberry pie. I used white chocolate pudding and added the red food coloring and the minced strawberries.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:08 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191
Default Re: Sugar-Free Cream Cheese Pie

Hubby Bill makes this often and it's soooo yummy. He's diabetic and really enjoys the pie with no guilt. He always uses different sugar-free jello flavors and it's difficult to choose which is favored as they all taste so good.

It's great for a carry-in at a pot-luck gathering. We've passed the recipe on to many who have tasted it. So easy to make.

bon apetit

barb

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 06-15-2008, 01:18 AM
Eternal Member

Good to hear. I got the original out of a Jell-O dessert book and played with the original recipe until I got something I liked.

My next post will be a sugar-free Boston Cream Pie.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:21 AM
Sage

Wow, this sounds great zcaveman. I'm definitely going to try it. Thanks. :bigthumbsup:

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.