Thanksgiving dishes

Closed Thread
Old 11-22-2014, 09:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
Have you checked in the cold juice section at Publix? It shows on their website that they have it. You could call the produce dept and ask before making the trip.

I found Apple cider at Winn Dixie in the produce department chiller
Old 11-22-2014, 10:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
Recently? Thanks. Perhaps DH didn't check that part of the store. Or ask.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:49 AM
Sage

The little white onions need a cream sauce or a cheese sauce. The reason we had them was because my husband loved them, I don't think anybody else ate them.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 11-23-2014, 11:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
Bingo! Right where you said it was. You're the best. Thanks!
Old 11-23-2014, 11:49 AM
Sage
Smile

Not sure if you all are familiar with it, but Pinterest is a great source for recipes. I had a huge pile of my old family favorite recipes that I had never organized and could never find what I was looking for. I found out that doing a search on Pinterest I almost always could find the exact same recipe on Pinterest and with beautiful pictures. All you need to do is open a free account at Pinterest.com, do some searches and start clicking the pin button and the recipes save to your own page. It is so easy. Here's a link to my Pinterest page. If you have a Pinterest page, please post the link to your page too. http://www.pinterest.com/judyinfl/
Old 11-23-2014, 12:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I have a brine mix that calls for apple cider. Winn Dixie doesn't have it. Does anyone know where to get some? I may have to substitute apple juice, I guess.
Apple juice should be fine but you could always add a little "hard cider" The little alcohol there is should burn off and maybe you will stumble upon a new recipe!

I'm doing a simple dry brine this year.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter123 View Post
Apple juice should be fine but you could always add a little "hard cider" The little alcohol there is should burn off and maybe you will stumble upon a new recipe!

Thanks for the suggestion. We tried a dry brine a couple of years ago and liked that too.
Old 11-23-2014, 03:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
Not sure if you all are familiar with it, but Pinterest is a great source for recipes. I had a huge pile of my old family favorite recipes that I had never organized and could never find what I was looking for. I found out that doing a search on Pinterest I almost always could find the exact same recipe on Pinterest and with beautiful pictures. All you need to do is open a free account at Pinterest.com, do some searches and start clicking the pin button and the recipes save to your own page. It is so easy. Here's a link to my Pinterest page. If you have a Pinterest page, please post the link to your page too. Judy Nieman on Pinterest
Thanks, Judy. I think I'll have to do that. Never thought of using Pinterest for looking up old family recipes - I'm always using it for decorating ideas. Love this thread and all the menu ideas. I've already changed my Thanksgiving menu 3 times because of it! I better hurry up and make up my mind soon - time's a wastin'! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on TOTV!
Old 11-23-2014, 05:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter123 View Post

Walter - I am doing a dry brine this year as well. Hated having that bird sit in that liquid in a big pot in the fridge, but I must admit the results were worth it. Hope I can say the same about the dry. Found my recipe in Southern Living - how about you?
Old 11-23-2014, 06:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Walter - I am doing a dry brine this year as well. Hated having that bird sit in that liquid in a big pot in the fridge, but I must admit the results were worth it. Hope I can say the same about the dry. Found my recipe in Southern Living - how about you?
Hi Pru. My son brines every year and it really makes a tasty bird. One thing I've seen on the cooking shows and that my son does is to be sure to rinse the turkey inside and out really well after you take it out of the brine. The Pioneer Woman on the Cooking Network brined her turkey this year and said she even lets the turkey sit in plain water for 10 minutes or so even after rinsing it to wash off the salt.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.