What wines are you loving now?

Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2014, 05:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by casita37 View Post
Yes, that is the thread, and there was a lot of interest. I just skimmed it again and recognized a lot of the names. I have been thinking, since I started this yesterday, about how to go about it.

tippyclubb, when will you be here? I am traveling next week, but when I get home, I'll go some research on how to start the club.....pretty easy...just bring wine...that will at least get the ball rolling, right? But seriously, let's do this!
Count me in! I'll just have to figure out how to drive home afterwards.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:14 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Still drinking sterling Napa for everyday..Duckhorn cab and Cakebread cab..for the special dinners
We met Jack Cakebread at the winery and had a wonderful tour with him. Delightful vineyard and great wines.

We are interested in a wine tasting group.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:17 PM

I love the Southern Red and Southern White from Lakeridge Winery in Clermont. YUM!!!
Old 02-27-2014, 05:17 PM
Dancing Thyme

I think there is a club. My friend belongs to one, I'll have to ask her the details. I would definitely have a problem driving home.

A few years back, City Fire in Sumter had a wine tasting night on Wed nights. It was loads of fun, a few of us went and the price was very reasonable and they served some appetizers buffet style to go along with it. We went as a group a few times and then suddenly the quality of wines deteriorated very badly, we complained and it was cancelled. Oh well, fun while it was going on.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 02-27-2014, 05:20 PM
Dancing Thyme

OOPS!! It was Urban Flats then....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
I think there is a club. My friend belongs to one, I'll have to ask her the details. I would definitely have a problem driving home.

A few years back, City Fire in Sumter had a wine tasting night on Wed nights. It was loads of fun, a few of us went and the price was very reasonable and they served some appetizers buffet style to go along with it. We went as a group a few times and then suddenly the quality of wines deteriorated very badly, we complained and it was cancelled. Oh well, fun while it was going on.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 02-27-2014, 05:30 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by casita37 View Post
Yes, that is the thread, and there was a lot of interest. I just skimmed it again and recognized a lot of the names. I have been thinking, since I started this yesterday, about how to go about it.

tippyclubb, when will you be here? I am traveling next week, but when I get home, I'll go some research on how to start the club.....pretty easy...just bring wine...that will at least get the ball rolling, right? But seriously, let's do this!
Well posting on here is a good start and seems you have a few people interested. Keep the thread going for a few weeks and set a date and time and go from there. Yep, just bring wine and have each guest bring a appetizer. Simple things like cheese, crackers, and you must have chocolate.

We will not be down until September and hope your wine club is going strong. Two rules, no wine snobs and no spitting the wine out, lol. Twirling of the wine is allowed.

Here is a link to some things you can include in your wine tasting. We use to do some of these things and its fun. If someone just wants to sip wine that's fine they don't have to play the games.

Wine Tasting Game

For more ideals goggle wine tasting.

KathieI & Cfrance if you can find a ride to the wine tasting my husband Tom will drive you home but you have to ride on the back of the motorcycle. Lol, just kidding he was! Anyway when we get there in September you won't have to worry about driving home.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:34 PM
Platinum member

You might like island Grove Blueberry wine from SAMs Club @$9.99. Comes in sweet and "kinda dry"! Sampled it there and love the kinda dry!
Old 02-27-2014, 07:22 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanabanana73 View Post
I love a sweet white wine and just had Taproot Vinyards Moscato California 2012. I got it at Trader Joes for $7.99 and it was lovely!
A slight edit is needed….I just checked my sales slip from Trader Joes and and Taproot is not on it. I contacted the vineyard and their wine is sold at WALMART! Wow….who would have thought? I'm heading back there tomorrow to buy a case!

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Old 02-27-2014, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Still drinking sterling Napa for everyday..Duckhorn cab and Cakebread cab..for the special dinners
Cakebread now this is the best of wines. We only drink this one on special occasions due to cost.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquat View Post
You might like island Grove Blueberry wine from SAMs Club @$9.99. Comes in sweet and "kinda dry"! Sampled it there and love the kinda dry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippyclubb View Post
Well posting on here is a good start and seems you have a few people interested. Keep the thread going for a few weeks and set a date and time and go from there. Yep, just bring wine and have each guest bring a appetizer. Simple things like cheese, crackers, and you must have chocolate.

We will not be down until September and hope your wine club is going strong. Two rules, no wine snobs and no spitting the wine out, lol. Twirling of the wine is allowed.

Here is a link to some things you can include in your wine tasting. We use to do some of these things and its fun. If someone just wants to sip wine that's fine they don't have to play the games.

Wine Tasting Game

For more ideals goggle wine tasting.

KathieI & Cfrance if you can find a ride to the wine tasting my husband Tom will drive you home but you have to ride on the back of the motorcycle. Lol, just kidding he was! Anyway when we get there in September you won't have to worry about driving home.
I found one in West Palm Beach called Mark West Pinot Noir. Price was 8.95. Worth a try vintage 2011.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:28 PM

I love Roscato Rosso Dolce. It used to only be sold at Olive Garden, but now some of the liquor stores carry it.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:12 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjam View Post
Two Buck Chuck but alas Fl Walmarts do not carry it.
Walmart does carry 3 buck chuck (AKA Oak Leaf) in various varieties.

Last edited by batman911; 03-01-2014 at 02:30 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:14 PM
Gold member

I currently enjoy Joel Gott and Liberty School. Small vineyards but great for the price.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:04 PM
Veteran member

A good buddy talked about 2 buck chuck a lot. I tried it a few times and I'm just not a fan. I ran across Sterling Vintner's Collection - Meritage, a blend 2010. I got it on sale (I'm a sale buyer almost exclusively for my wine) for $9.99 and have been very pleased with it. One of my current favorites is 337 Lodi Cab. It's a bit pricey for me drinking every day. $14-$16 range on sale….as previously mentioned
Old 02-28-2014, 05:06 PM
Veteran member

Oh I meant to mention. Thanks for starting this thread. I really enjoyed reading through some of the picks here. There are a couple I will definitely be looking for.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.