What is that wonderful smell coming from our kitchen?

Closed Thread
Old 06-27-2017, 08:51 AM
Platinum member
Default What is that wonderful smell coming from our kitchen?

She is making a pineapple upside down cake in our old electric frying pan. They turn out wonderful. Here is the recipe she is currently using...........

Electric Skillet Pineapple Upside Down Cake:

1 Box of yellow cake mix (plus the ingredients required to make the cake – usually eggs, oil, and water)
1 Stick of butter
1 Cup of brown sugar
9 Maraschino cherries, drained and dried
1 Can of pineapple rings in juice
Drain the pineapple rings, but reserve the tasty juice.
Prepare the cake mix according to the package, except add 1 extra egg and use the reserved pineapple juice instead of water. Heat the skillet to 250º.
Melt the stick of butter in the electric skillet, and then add the brown sugar. Stir until the brown sugar is wet.
Arrange 9 pineapple rings in a grid at the bottom of the skillet.
Place a cherry in the center of each pineapple ring.
Carefully pour the yellow cake batter on top of the brown sugar and pineapple goo. The goo, by the way, is going to squoosh all over the place. Don’t worry—you definitely want it to squoosh.
Place the lid on top of the skillet, close the vent, and increase the heat to 280º.
The cake will take between 25-30 minutes to cook. Check with a toothpick at 25 minutes. When the cake is done, let it cool for 10 minutes, and then carefully (c a r e f u l l y… CAREFULLY) invert it onto a platter that is much larger than the electric skillet (there will be molten sugar syrup oozing about).
Old 06-27-2017, 08:57 AM
Sage

This sounds delicious. It is one of my husband's favorites. Now I have to go look in the pantry to see if I have these ingredients
Closed Thread

Tags
pineapple, cake, skillet, sugar, brown

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.